Saturday, April 09, 2011

marti estes 5K

the only time i've ever run in a race was the LDS biathlon back in 199....whatever.  it's been a really long time.  lately there are other women in my life who are a big inspiration for me - who haven't always been avid runners but have become ones.  my sister nan faithfully runs on her treadmill almost daily.  my awesome sis-in-law mands gets her run on.  my best friend julie is training for a marathon.  so when the opportunity came to participate in a 5K i thought i'd give it a whirl.

i feel so lucky because i have a daughter who is the best sport.  she agreed to run the race with me.  our goals for that day were to have fun and run the entire race.  we had the BEST time!  it was pretty challenging (since i'm NOT a runner) but rounding the corner at the finish line was....thrilling!



i don't know if i'll be doing it again any time soon...i really hate running...but i'm so proud of marissa and i loved having the experience with her!  and she ran the ENTIRE race.  just look at those twiggy legs - she was awesome.

3 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

I love this! I know I have told you before,but I think it is extra special that you guys did it together. So impressive!

Julie said...

You're both awesome! And thanks for the shout out! I appreciate it. Now, be careful...its addicting. You might find yourself turning into a runner after all!!!!!!

Fernandez Family said...

i'm glad you don't think your running ladies are crazy. i love it. lovvvve it! like wake up in the morning and all i can think about, love it. you look fantastic and i can't wait to see you, and make sure we get a run in at least twice (if not every morning!) i especially love Mari's shirt. hahaha.