Saturday, January 01, 2011

welcome 2011

i can’t believe it’s a new year again! today is 1/1/11. i generally don’t set resolutions and that’s for a very simple reason. if I don’t set them, i won’t be disappointed when i don’t keep them – and let’s face it, most people (myself included) don’t. not having expectations is one of my life rules…and it has helped me cope with a husband who is constantly everywhere BUT home, and in turn helps keep me calm and able to manage life with our three kiddos and the constant motion they are in.

so this year I’m going to “resolve” to try…

I’m going to try to be a better friend.

I’m going to try to let things go – the things that cause me anguish that really aren’t that important.

I’m going to try to have a better attitude about my church calling – I’m already exhausted.

I’m going to try to spend more time reading real books and less time playing word games on my iPhone.

I’m going to try to get another blog book finished and printed.

I’m going to try to stop wishing that my awful neighbors move away.

I’m going to try to master my new camera – hopefully take a class or two.

I’m going to try to keep up with my physical therapy so my tennis elbow will go away.

i feel optimism for the future…and gratitude for the present.

cheers 2011, cheers.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love that you're gonna stop wising your awful neighbors would move away! That's funny!!!!!! I think all of those resolutions are quite achievable, except a better friends, cause you're already THE BEST!!!!! I love you and miss you sooooooooooooooo much!!!!!