i just finished tucking the kiddos into bed. after reading to mari, i read with dylan and then had to answer a phone call from phil. i went back into mari's room for the nightly turn-off-the-lamp-because-she-fell-asleep-reading ritual. i gave her a kiss on the cheek and she was so warm and cozy, smiling in her sleep, tucked in close to her snowman stuffed animal.
i left her room feeling so grateful that we have a warm roof over our heads. my children have no idea yet how truly fortunate they are. i can only imagine how it must be to not know where you will spend your nights and my thoughts tonight are for those around us that are less fortunate. i'm already planning a family donation party, wherein we will be giving away some of our gently used toys and clothes after the Christmas activities are over.
one of my earlier posts talked about volunteering and i think it might have found my opportunity. our church is now affiliated with Mecklenburg Ministries - a collection of congregations who share their faith throughout the community; encouraging and energizing in the charlotte area. i hope to find some volunteer opportunities that the kids and i can do together. i will have something to update on that later.
on another note...like my sis in law mentioned on her blog... the nagging thought that i need to make my blog private has not gone away. ok, so that means for the three of you who actually read this blog, you'll have to send me your email address so you can be added. i will set the date of saturday dec. 13 as the last official not-private day. after that, well...if you wanna read it, you'll have to get yourself added to the list! email me or comment here...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
Count me in!
Angie!!
vivalavivy@yahoo.com
I wanna stay tuned!
Angie!!
vivalavivy@yahoo.com
I wanna stay tuned!
I've had the same desire for the past few months now.... to volunteer as a family and show my kids how to share their good fortune. They are getting to the age where we might be able to do some 'habitat for humanity' stuff, which I've always wanted to be involved in. You'll have to share your service adventures on your blog. Let me know how the "family donation party" goes... I always have to divvy up the donations in secret! and then hope they don't ask about the stuff I've given away- Sorry for the long comment.. I'll email you next time! (Of course, add me to your list of invited readers!)
keep me on you list! Let me know how your volunteer stuff goes. I'd love to get involved in something here :)
I'd love to keep reading about how you're doing, Angie - add me if you don't mind. . .
Yes, please. You know my email... You have a lot more than 3 readers. I think you're getting confused with my blog.=)
I would love to keep reading...please!! susannilsson@gmail.com
you know where to find me. duh!
I was bathing Lilly last night and Jage was bathing Lo and I was thinking to myself, " There are some beautiful babies out there that don't get baths and have a warm place to stay every night." We are so lucky and blessed. I loved this post, AJ. I love tucking in babies to warm, cozy beds. We are so lucky!
I'm glad we are going private. I'm such a worrier and more and more of my friends are going private and I just feel safer! Count me in!
You know where to find me too, duh! Hahahaha! I totally know what you mean about those who are less fortunate. Last night at Mutual we made tags for our wards Giving/Angel tree and there was 1 tag that asked for diapers. I can't even tell you how devastated that made me. So needless to say I too am grateful for a roof over our heads, food on our table, clothes on our back and diapers on Reecey's bum! Love ya!
I'm in. I love reading your blog.
We'd love to stay informed. tj.shauna@gmail.com
okay, all of you are making me out myself! I'm a friend of Evonne's and I live in NC too. I love the thoughts you share and your sweetness about your kids and the gospel! Sounds a little creepy I now, but I always feel there is a bit of a connection between mom's in the church even if we don't know each other. If you don't find me too creepy and scarry would you mind allowing me to 'peak' in on your blog when you go private? My name is Lenette! my e-mail is blhuss78@netscape.net I outted my self to Amanda to and I gaver her the wrong e-mail...I'm just a crazy, stressed mom of 3 girls!
Angie,
I love reading your blog.. You are so funny and although your kids are extremely beautiful, I have more than enough of my own so I promise not to be some crazy stalker ....can I stay?? =)
elisha.sommerfeldt@gmail.com
add me to da list yo!
I'd love to still read it. My email address is anldarby@gmail.com.
I love being able to see how you are doing!
Leah Coulthard Darby :)
I've been behind on reading posts, but want to keep up with you guys! Add me to your list--Tara
I'm late but add me please!
Post a Comment