1) Confession: I'm actually writing this on Monday. I know, I know...I had good intentions of getting this post done yesterday, but with 1:00 church, nothing much in the way of personal time happens in the evenings afterwards. It's OK though, you'll be glad you stopped by to read this weeks Six.
I've been going back through all of my posts (nearly 300!) and adding labels. I'm not sure why I felt like it was important, but I decided that if/when I DO decide to go back and put my thoughts into a book, it might help to be able to sort my posts somewhat. I recommend doing the labels as you go along. Going back to do it all took way too long.
2) My kids have been saying the funniest stuff this week! Saturday I was doing a happy dance through the house cheering, "It's Christmas break! It's Christmas break!" The kids were totally getting into it too - (I think they don't really know what to do when mom is apparently losing her ever-loving mind.) Anyhoo, at one pause in my dance of joy Marissa shouts, "And tomorrow is Hanukkah!" It was kind of one of those experiences when you're in a loud room and you're having to shout to talk and all of a sudden the noise quiets down and you're caught saying something like, "hemorrhoid" or "Star Trek." We all just kind of stared at her for a second and then joined in, "Tomorrow is Hanukkah!"
This morning she was begging for a menorah. What a blessing public school can be.
3) Dylan - our sweet Dylan - still seems to have a slight speech impediment. He's been evaluated and told he'll be just fine. He's very bright, but sometimes he can be hard to understand. And then there are times where there is no doubt what he is saying. Like yesterday at church, in the middle of the sacrament, we were about to partake of the water when he announced to pretty much the whole ward, "I'm not FIRSTY!" Nice right?
My favorite fing he says lately is, "Are you finking what I'm finking?" In case you're wondering, no, I'm not.
4) I can't believe the excitement I've been feeling in anticipation of Christmas day. My kids are at an age where they're totally into pretty much all of the hoopla that surrounds Christmas. Dylan however, can't seem to get that Jesus was indeed a baby in a manger. He is convinced that Joseph in the nativity scene is Jesus. Hopefully as we reenact the manger scene this year, as was tradition in the Glenn household for many years, he'll be able to finally get it.
I don't think I've been this excited for Christmas for a long time. Knowing that the kids will be able to open their own gifts, be old enough to actually play with everything, and to be able to feel that spirit of joy that comes when we believe in the magic. My friend's oldest son informed me the other day that, "I know Santa isn't real and now Christmas is so boring." "What?!" I replied. I don't know about all of you, but I still believe in Santa. Like our Savior, even he, in a small way, helps to bring hope at this time of year. And right now, I think that everyone can use a little bit of that.
5) I made myself a quick quesadilla lunch, as I often do. I've been particularly enjoying the salsa I bought at Costco the last time I was there. As I piled a spoonful on my delicious hors d'oeuvre I said, "Mmmm, I just love this salsa!" To which my daughter replied, "Mom, I love you more than you love that salsa." Awwwwww....how cute is that!
The hug I got next helped me know for sure.
6) And lastly, here is a fun story. Friday night, Phil and I were invited to attend the surprise birthday party for his past driver AJ Allmendinger. We arrived a bit early to find the room set up with tables, a buffet, Guitar Hero World Tour set up with a giant big screen TV, a live band and two poker tables. Shortly after we arrived, AJ's wife Lynne arrived, followed by a camera crew. Later in the evening I found out that she is filming for an upcoming TV show on the TLC channel that follows NASCAR wives. I admit it was a bit intimidating to have cameras in our face off and on throughout the night - but I'm looking forward to seeing the show when it airs in late January. If I get any info about it, I'll pass it along! The party was a blast - the food AMAZING. Who knew that mini crab cakes could be so tasty!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
FUn to read, Anj! That's cool that you might (will?) be on TV! You'll have to let us know when you'll be on! I love what your kidlets have been saying. They remind me so much of Kate and Ian.. it is fun to read and see. Dylan and Ian would get along famously (whatever that means!), no doubt! They would probably be able to understand each other, no problem. =) And Mari sounds like such a sweet deer. (Kate thought maybe we should get in on some Kwanza celebrations this year). Did you know Audrey and Bronwyn celebrated Hanukkah this year? (or so I hear).
ohhhh fun! you know i'll totally watch, so let me know the dish on that show! and yes, i think your finking what i am finking...
oh you've been a little bloggin hoo-er! As always I LOVE the Sunday Six. What a cute comment Mari made about loving you more then you love the salsa. Love those moments! Fun party. Can't wait to see you on TLC! Woo-Hoo!!!
Post a Comment