Thursday, October 16, 2008

NYC baby

we packed a lot into our four-day trip to NYC

WE saw a
Broadway show: WICKED

yes we are wearing practically the same outfit. i had no choice - i didn't have much flexibility with what i packed but i think we're pretty darn cute if i do say so myself...even if we were dressed like twins.


WE went to the opera: Dr. Atomic

i was bragging to anyone who would listen that my brother was performing. he was amazing. i was SO proud! read reviews here and here and here and here and here. we were being silly girls until we were told to put our camera away...joy-kill-opera-guards. but they did let us go backstage, even though tom couldn't get our names on the list.



"
In smaller roles, tenor Thomas Glenn and powerhouse contralto Meredith Arwady are standouts." i personally thought that Thomas and Meredith were tops for the show. she sang some amazing low, low notes for a girl - i thought she rocked. Thomas of course always wows.

as a side note, while i was googling my brother, i found this. and if you happen to be in the atlanta area in late november you can catch him here or in the san francisco area in early December, you can catch him here. he's handsome right?!

WE saw a show taped live: Conan O'brien

i've been a huge fan for a long time. it was too fun to see it all live. plus harry connick jr. (rrrroooowwwwrrr) was on so that was a TOTAL bonus. see here: conan rocks. of course i have no photos, but it was a blast.

WE did the tourist thing: Statue of Liberty/Empire State Building



brave little bird...

WE ate lots of yummy food: Serendipity 3, Westway Diner, etc.



WE stayed in style: Marriott Marquis

it was so convenient staying in times square, but the 'vegas' feel of it all was a little tiring. big thanks go to heather's hubby to totally hooked us up with the room and the great view. thanks ryan!



WE shopped to our hearts content: macy's, banana, gap, dylan's candy bar, times square, etc, etc, etc...

finally on our last day, we were all able to be together for lunch (we'd had a hard time connecting up to that point...). we dined at Carmine's. i loved being with my family, even for a brief and busy visit. we had some good laughs over lunch and we all left stuffed and very happy.




this dessert is called TITANIC:
"Chocolate torte with 5 jumbo scoops of ice cream, fresh whipped cream, fruit, cookies, chopped hazel nuts and chocolate sauce."

the thing served all of us. it was YUM.

travelogue
complete.

11 comments:

Evie B. said...

I'm so jealous - I LOVE NYC. What a fun time!

Krista said...

wow! you fit it all in!!! conan, opera, wicked and serendipity!!! yay!!! great hotel view too.

erin said...

Wowie, wow, Wow! As Junie B. would say. Looks like you had an awesome time! It's always fun to see family pics in all these different locations. The Glenns definitely get around! =) Glad you had so much fun!

Heather said...

Thanks for cropping the ONE picture. I sure appreciate it.

Suz said...

Your NY trip looked fabulous!! Good that you were able to see so much. Wasn't Wicked amazing??

Jocelyn said...

That looked like a great trip to NYC! I want to go there so badly. So awesome that you got to go there and see your brother perform!

Mands Glenn said...

AJ,
1. YOu look amazing and so skinny. I love all of your outfits. I love what you and Mom wore to the Opera. So classy
2. So jealous you saw Conon Live with Harry COnnick Jr. That must have been a killer show
3. I totally got sad missing all of you guys. I feel like we haven't seen eachother in forever
4. It looked like such a fun trip. I think I could eat my way through NYC

Lisa Danielson said...

glad you had a good time! love all the food pics-it makes me hungry!

Julie said...

My heart hurts that it wasn't ME who was with you. (no offense Heather : ) ) SERIOUSLY! SO! JEALOUS! (Jocelyn style!) I'm so glad you had fun though. I've been thinking about you all week. Call me when you get a chance, or I'll call you...whatever happens first! LOVES! Congrats to Thomas too. It really is inspiring to see someone I actually know and have known for a long time to live out their dreams! Its AWESOME!

Julie said...

ps--no ground zero?

pps--you're a total babe!

Amy Glenn said...

Ang, I'm so glad you got to get away and come to New York. And I'm so glad you and Heather had such a good time. Man, you girls were busy! You squeezed a lot in 4 days- holy cow! It was great to see you and hang out, even though it was brief. Love ya.

P.S. LOVE Harry Connick Jr. and Conan, too!