i got an email today from a charitable organization affiliated with my husband's line of work, with the words...and i quote,
"It’s hard to believe the Christmas holidays are right around the corner..."
it's like the elections. are we americans (and canadians) so oblivious that we don't know Christmas comes in December? we need to be 'reminded' (have it pounded into our brains) months in advance? companies are 'campaigning' for our vote (cashola) before our kids have even crafted their letters to St. Nick.
i almost feel like my Fall has been violated. my kids haven't even been in school for one month yet. i haven't even hung my fall wreath on my door, let alone put up my halloween decorations - a holiday that is still 36 days away.
*UGH* so bugged about it.

5 comments:
YOu couldn't have said it better. I completely agree. The thing that ticks me off, is that people buy into and then by the time you start your shopping, there is nothing left.
so funny that you blogged about this! i think we've had this convo before about how early Christmas seems to come...one holiday after the other, after the other. jeez people, let us relax and enjoy!!!
I agree with this... so early for Christmas! How about the other holidays that we haven't even had yet?! When we were in the Philippines we heard about the "ber" months and that Christmas was huge during all of them (it started in SeptemBER, get it?). But I never thought it was the same way here... until 3 weeks ago I was in Costco and saw CHRISTMAS stuff out already. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but it is just so early already! The shopping thing is a whole other story for me... I mean I have no idea what I want to get people yet, or what I want (if they ask). I want to get closer to Christmas and see what there is. You said it so well... it's like our Fall is violated! I'm bugged too. :)
Seriously! I just have to think, " turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, family, rolls, football, etc etc just to get Christmas out of my head. It seems to start earlier and earlier every year and we all forget about Thanksgiving. I Love Thanksgiving!
I'm with ya! I just ignore it until after Thanksgiving. Then I pay attention!
Post a Comment