i cried.
*ugh* all of these families with issues and problems and lots of weight to lose. it made me cry. many of them are so lucky to have support. i felt so sad for the couple that were eliminated - but LOVED that their weight loss journey continued after they left the show and they look amazing!
i had my own weight loss journey just about 3 years ago. dylan was born in may 2005 and four months later, the pregnancy weight was NOT coming off. i joined weight watchers and lost 26 pounds in 11 weeks. i felt AMAZING. i was able to keep the weight off for over a year and a half. and then, like most people, life happened.
we put our house up for sale.
we moved.
i got rear-ended.
i battled depression and trying to find the right medications.
i gained it ALL back.
Christmastime last year was a very low point for me. since then i have lost about 7 pounds.
people! that is not weight loss...that is weight drip, weight trickle, weight seep, weight dribble, weight ooze...certainly not weight loss.
another low point...a cute girl at church has the same dress as i do. i bought it when i was rockin' the size 8/10. sunday she was wearing the dress and joked about calling me to make sure i didn't wear it either. i painfully admitted that it no longer fit.
but i think i have found my inspiration again.
i am inspired by the contestants on the biggest loser. one guy lost 28 lbs in ONE WEEK. i'm inspired by my friend monique who has lost 55 lbs and has a goal of 20 more lbs before Christmas (me too!). i am inspired by my kids - who are happy and healthy - and i know it's my job to keep them that way. i'm inspired by phil's sister, lisa, who gets up to workout at 5 am. i'm inspired by my heart-rate monitor, who doesn't scream at me like jillian michaels (who i'm sure is a very nice lady when you're not whining about being on the treadmill...) but keeps perfect track of all my hard work. i'm inspired by my sister who maintained a super-healthy pregnancy and is an active mom of a newborn.
am i a candidate for the biggest loser? nope, but i can sure use the inspiration. today is the first day of truly getting back in the game.
my morning workout results (cardio and weights):
here's to wearing those cute navy pants hangin' in my closet by Christmas!...and all the other stuff that hangs there sadly, not on my bod.
ps. thanks mom and dad for the heart-rate monitor. it seriously ROCKS.
**update** my work out was simply walking the track at a fast pace, about 30 mins of weights and then the treadmill. i like to crank up the incline but have to keep my heart rate in range with my monitor. i'm totally not a runner. i know my workouts have to take longer since i'm just walking, but as long as i've got some great tunes and no kids interrupting, i could work out all day :)
my monitor is a polar F11 model. they retail for about $165. you can check their site out here: http://www.polar.fi/. they also have a personal trainer site where you can upload your workouts from your monitor and track your progress. it's fancy and i love it.

9 comments:
Look at you! I was just telling my mom today that I need to get my butt of the couch and get into gear! Hello WW...here I come! I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Biggest Loser! I too think its so inspiring to watch and I LOVE Bob and Gillian, even though she's kind of mean and would totally make me cry. I wish they had The Biggest Loser for people who just need to lose 20 lbs. They could have us in and outta there in a week or 2 I'm sure! Let's motivate each other again as we embark on our weight loss journey's. Couldn't have done it without ya the first time!
I didn't see the biggest looser, but love it still. What kind of heart rate monitor did you get? I've been looking into one. Also, what did your workout entail to burn that many calories? Fill us in girl!
The biggest loser is my favorite right now and I think that Jillian is the best trainer out there...would love for her to be screaming at me like that!! You have inspired me to work a little harder as I have been struggling with the drip weight loss. 15 pounds by Christmas would be great. Good luck with the 20!!
i've never watched it either, but i've heard it does amazing things for people! good on you, i know you can do it. you were a SKINNY SKINNY whoo-er after you did WW and I KNOW you can get there again!
Hey Ang thats awesome! You're super dedicated so I know you can do it. So I've lost 10 lbs since I got back from NC. No Brewsters out here...plus all the intramural games help. The girlfriend has nothing to do with it though.....hehehehe
Angie, I feel your pain! I lost 55 pounds while going to my trainer and I was rocking mostly size 8's and sometimes a 6! I was loving life! But then summer happened and I gained 18 pounds! Ugh! I just haven't been able to get motivated to eat well. I exercise everyday, but my eating is far from good. I think we all need to be in this together and maybe even report our weekly weight loss. I know that I would be far more motivated if I knew that I had to tell someone what I had lost. Does anyone else like that idea? And Jules, I was totally thinking in the shower today that they need to have a show called, "The Last 20" that has people on it that just need to lose the last 20 pounds. It would be awesome! I love the Biggest Loser and I cry at it every week. And in the word's of LT "I came to a fat loss show and gained 3 pounds. How would you like it if you went on a makeover show and they made you uglier?" I was laughing hysterically!
Hey gorgeous Hot Mama! My girlfriend has a really cute blog to check out. www.skinnyjeansgirl.blogspot.com. I love the biggest loser, but just haven't watched it this season. I think I cried every episode last time. I will be in the same game as you after this baby girl is born and totally determined to get this weight off. Nothing helps me more than a good workout list of songs and me on my own. AHhhh I love being alone doing workouts. I feel like the whole pregnancy I am pumping myself up to lose the weight afterwards. Can't wait to hear about your progress.
I think you are beautiful and honestly to be a size 8 and 6 feet tall is like amazing. GOod luck!
Love the watch. Love the post. Thanks for the shout-out. Sometimes I think I'm crazy to do it. This week is my one year mark of 5 am workouts. Yesterday I put on my pants I wore to my first pilates session and they won't even stay up- that's is why I do it- for the results. You look great- you always have!
That monitor looks really cool. I'm so with you on this as soon as these babies come out, I have a serious journey in front of me! I guess I should set my DVR for this show, I just LOVE how awesome everyone looks by the end... it's unbelievable, and yes, a total inspiration!
Post a Comment