Monday, September 01, 2008

the eve


tomorrow is the first day of school. last night i tossed and turned with bad dreams of forgetting to pick marissa up from school. last week i had a horrible dream about her being attacked by a lion. geez...it's a good thing i'm not prophetic.

i think my anxiety is taking me for a ride and i'm probably more anxious for tomorrow than the kids are. i've checked and re-checked the pick up and drop off times for marissa. her new school campus is finally complete and there is all new procedures for drop off and pick up. but it's not rocket science! right?

tomorrow's clothes are laid out and i took a pic of mari's new shoes - mostly because they'll never be this spankin' white again! she looks adorable in them. i can't believe she's in 1st grade.

dylan's preschool is basically a repeat of last year, and he's actually in marissa's old classroom. i'm anxious to see how his teachers are with our little 'cannonball'. he's such a handful but so anxious to learn and DO everything.

well i'm off to bed. if i can fall asleep in less than a minute, i might be able to squeeze 9 hours in. hahahahahahaha....

5 comments:

Dottie said...

Drop off and pick up is more like "Brain Surgery"! Cannonball is too cute not to love! Mari will do fabulous, and I bet those shoes stay white for the week! :-)

Julie said...

everything will be okay! i promise! And I'm with Dottie...drop off/pick up isn't rocket science but it can be tricky. What mom wants to get scolded by the supervising teacher in the pickup/drop off line? That's always my fear! Anyways, you'll do great! The kids will do great! And you'll be glad to get back into a routine! Can't wait for the follow up post!

Mands Glenn said...

Do they have those shoes in big Mama sizes because I totally want them. You are such a good Mama. I'm sure everything is going to go well. 1st grade, wow! Take pics of the first day so we can see how cute they both look.

I just had a dream about wild safari animals the other night, too. I think a Cheetah was attacking me. Crazy!

erin said...

I love the pictures of Mari's shoes. Did you sneak into her room and take the picture while she was sleeping? It looks like it-- very fun picture.
I stayed up past 11 the other night reading all the procedures for Kate's new school and I think I have them down (finally). Your mom told me a little about her new school-- including the slide they use to get from one floor to the next!? You'll have to sneak a picture of that for your blogging audience. Waiting to hear about the first day!

Jocelyn said...

The night before the first day of school was always so exciting, I remember. I'm sure as a mom it's a little different, but exciting still. Those shoes are really cute!