My sweet baby girl had a spill rollerskating. Yes I was there, yes I was watching her. But, "I want to do it myself mom" unfortunately ended with a major boo boo. Mari has a buckle fracture - meaning the end of her radius basically jammed into the rest of the bone, causing a small break at the end. She'll make a full recovery after three weeks in the purple cast. Today she took a silver sharpie to school and had all of her classmates sign it. Her teacher said the hardest thing for her today was not participating in gym - she'll have to sit out until the sling comes off on Thurs.
She was very brave and strong through all of this, and I'm thankful to be blessed with superior medical treatment here. Her bone doc is the sports med doctor for the professional basketball and hockey teams in Charlotte. Pray the three weeks pass quickly...she's already complaining of an itch...
She was very brave and strong through all of this, and I'm thankful to be blessed with superior medical treatment here. Her bone doc is the sports med doctor for the professional basketball and hockey teams in Charlotte. Pray the three weeks pass quickly...she's already complaining of an itch...


16 comments:
Marissa I love your cast! Bright Purple, you need some Hair Bows to match! What a Brave little girl you are to smile so nice for the pictures!
Poor Mari! I wish I could sign her cast. Give her kisses from me!
Wow look at that cast. Very pretty purple. Taelor loves purple and Im kinda partial to it too. :) My sister just broke her wrist too so it is not fun but you will get better. Just keep that pretty smile on your face!!
Oh, poor girl! I wish more docs would do the waterproof casts like M had last year. That thing was a lifesaver and never got stinky or itchy! Here's for a quick recovery!
So sorry to hear you were hurt, Marissa. You look pretty tough in your pictures- I can't believe you're smiling. We like your purple cast!
-Aunt Amy, Audrey, & Bronwyn
Poor little thing! But we're a big fan of the "purple bandaid" at our house - Tatum had the same color and still asks for it when she's hurt. Feel better Mari!
We hope you feel better soon Marissa! Cool cast and fun to have all your friends' names on it! Keep smiling. =)
I love that she is smiling - that's so Marissa! I am so glad you have a good doctor too!
Poor thing! That is no fun - hang in there Mari!
Oh my gosh! I hadn't even heard the news. We are so sorry about your fall. She is a total jock though. I love that she wanted to do it all by herself and be Miss independent. She still looks so cute with her cool purple cast.
Your Doc sounds so great! I think JJ would be great in Sports Medicine
Hi Angie!
It's been a while since I've checked your blog. You had it blocked for a while. Sorry to hear about Mari. good thing for sports Med. Keep in touch. Monica {shannon's sister}
Oh- you poor thang!! I wish we were there to help you celebrate your bday!!! Happy Birthday Miss Marissa! (ty missed you in mexico!)
what a brave girl! i LOVED wearing a cast (had a few when i was her age...skateboarding) and getting all the attention! chopsticks as well as plastic forks work great for itches! send her kisses from autie shannon!
Poor Mari! I have never had a cast but I imagine that maybe the worst part would be an itch you can't get to! When I was a kid I did sometimes wish I would break a bone so I could get a cast. Mari looks pretty happy about it all, or she's a good actor for the pictures. Hopefully the day the cast comes off comes quickly!
Oh my gosh!!!!! What a tough girl!!!!
Angie, thanks for the note about Biff. It's been really hard on all of us, especially Emma and Erik. Thanks for keeping in touch!
Sandy
Awww! I hope that she feels better soon! Scott loves watching the head, shoulders, knees & toes video clip! Hope this finds y'all well!
Post a Comment