Thursday, April 03, 2008

post-chocolate egg update

my friend reminded me today that i haven't updated my blog in almost a month. it's been busy here and i've had my good days and bad days. on the whole i've been feeling a lot better. getting the right medical treatment can make a huge difference! i feel mostly recovered from my car accident (a year ago april 30th) and am seeing some progress with the TMJ doctor.

mom, dad, tanya, and teo visited for easter and it was just the best. i couldn't have asked for more - they were kind, funny, generous with time and self, patient and just amazing. i admire my mom's resilience, just weeks after breaking her shoulder - she's still saucy as ever. My dad - what can I say - he worked like the dickens the whole time he was here and i am fairly certain he won't log this trip in his 'vacation' category (perhaps charleston in august dad???) - but he had us laughing so hard and i SO appreciated that. my sister is so adorable pregnant. i love her softness and her ability to help me to laugh at myself. she's so brave! (did someone say spray tan?) she gives me a lot of strength. and her sweet little boy Mateo - he was so loving and yet, at the same time, such a rascal! tanya definitely has her work cut out with him, but i miss his little bouncy lilt and his sweet voice calling, "ma?"

Easter Sunday was stressful for me because i was on full duty that day, playing the organ and accompanying the choir. i was actually late getting into sacrament meeting and had to speedwalk to sit down for the opening song (the choirister was already standing). it was embarassing. earlier that morning, phil took a trip to the ER with Mari after she fell face first into the coffee table... that is trip number 3 for our beautiful ball of arms and legs. a slap of dermabond and she was on her way, even making it to church in time to give a talk on the Savior. i was so proud of her strength, but secretly wished she'd not inherited my klutz gene (jules & sharn: freshman year/dorm/phone cord ring a bell?)

all has returned to normal. the washer and dryer have been going full throttle since our guests left. i have been tending a lot to the yard - finishing post-winter cleanup. i purchased some knockout rose bushes to plant along the north fence. i will also be doing some shrub transplanting in the front flower beds, since the original landscapers were obviously blindfolded. it has been cold and rainy here, which is good for my grass, but i am SO anxious for the warm sun.

i'm so thankful for a warm bed, loving friends, a dedicated and faithful husband, beautiful babies and a family wherein i have my place. and tonight, as my family mourns with the Al and Katherine Low family, after the sudden death of their youngest son, i hope each of my brothers know how often they are in my thoughts and how proud i am to say i am their sister.

till next time....

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

You are so good at writing updates. I'm glad your parents and sister got to come for Easter, and especially glad to hear that your mom is back to her saucy self. I didn't know Tanya was pregnant... that's so exciting! When is she due? More nieces and nephews to add are always fun!

Amy Glenn said...

I'm glad Mari is okay! I can't believe she went to church after that. What a trooper. Glad to hear you guys had such a fun time together. Miss you guys!

Evie B. said...

Wait, Nan is pregnant?!?!?!? Oh, she's gonna hear it from me! :)

Amy said...

Angie, I love reading your blog, Im so glad you decided to keep going :). Those faces of Dylan are just precious. I love that kids, he is just so dang cute. I didn't even know about Mari falling, Im glad she is ok.

shannon said...

wow, do you even rest? and poor mari, i feel that she did inherit your klutz genes, and boy do i remember the phone cord incident! i hope that life slows down for you soon...love you and miss you more than you know!

Heather said...

Angie, I've missed you I am glad you are feeling better. As for Mari, she and Brooklynn need to be best friends, she is all arms and legs and clutzy too!

erin said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun break! Minus your stressful Easter day-- Glad that Mari bounced back after her fall! I can't believe how much your 2 look, even since the last pics that you posted! I showed Ian the silly pics of Dylan and he said, "It's me!!" I wish they could hang out in the afternoons. =)

The Frosts said...

I'm glad you're back to blogging. Cute pictures from the month and I'm glad you're feeling better and that Mari was ok after her fall.

Julie said...

Poor Mari...and yes, freshman year, phone cord and dorms do ring a bell. Hahahahaha! How cute is D-man? What a handsome little devil and I'm glad that you had fun with Nan, Cyndi and Thomas! Miss you...can't you call me or something?