Friday, March 07, 2008

site find

after my post about my new brekkie shake, my sis in law Lisa pointed out that the yummy soy protein drink is high in sugar and carbs. she was right! i use it only for my shakes and if i need a glass of milk usually just drink a regular vanilla soy milk. anyway, i found a website that i think is awesome for comparing products:

http://www.calorie-count.com/

with information on over 75,000 products, you can type in any food or any brand of food and it will pull up the full nutritional information as well as a letter grade (A, A-, etc). it tells you what the pros and cons are for each food (high in sugar, high in sodium, high in certain vitamins.) It's a great site for someone like me - who though I do love the carbs and sugar!!...can possibly find some other great alternatives.

3 comments:

Lisa Danielson said...

I'll for sure have to go to that wesite! I am journaling the food i eat plus the cal cont, fat, carbs, and protein. I've been using calorieking.com, but your site sounds way better--thanks fo rthe info!

Heather said...

Mmmmm. I think sugar makes the world go round. Or is that love? ;) I'm with ya I love my Sugar.

Steph said...

Hey Angie...
Have I sent you an email with my blog?
I read yours all the time, it is fun to keep up with my broadcasting friend!
Anyhow, here is my blog, stop by sometime!
Steph
http://yrublog.blogspot.com/