the kids have been sick with flu symptoms since Saturday. yesterday was one of my laundry days but i didn't realize how MUCH laundry i would be doing (bedding, towels, rags, jammies). motherhood is never glamorous but i feel so content knowing that my babies have had me there, caring for them.
i'm so thankful for these surprise blessings - this week was shaping up to be extremely packed with activities, appointments, committments - but now we've had two days to just stay home, relax, and hopefully get well. i finally bought the kids their own scrapbooks and would love to get started on them. i'm also trying to find more time to read - something i love to do...but don't do much anymore.
We are seeing the beginnings of what were our Easter lillies last year. They died but I kept the bulbs planted, hoping they would grow again. We might be so lucky!

3 comments:
Sorry to hear you guys have been sick- ugh! But I'm glad you were able to cancel things for some R & R time. Get better!
Sorry that you guys are sick. We are too. Which begs the question since we're both at home why are we not chatting on the phone???? Hmmmmm, maybe I'll call you right after I'm done on the computer.
Bummer that you guys are sick. Ben was sick this weekend... and I can't remember the last time he was sick. It is no fun. But it is good when you can have some quiet days at home not having to go anywhere. I hope you guys get better soon! And I love your tall trees!
Post a Comment