Sunday, January 13, 2008

at last....

wow...i've had moments of post-vacation fog lifting, but for the most part, two weeks into january i'm barely getting to the surface for air. my house is a disaster. it seems to have been spewing piles of junk since we left for the christmas holiday and i don't feel like i can get it clean enough with piles still hovering. tonight was the annual "get-the-tax-documents-ready-and-shred-the-junk" night and i will be happy to see my three*bags*full at the curb tomorrow morning.

i have made great organizational strides however. i've: revamped the playroom, organized my scrapbooking materials, organized kitchen cabinets, and bought new lunchbags for marissa and phil - complete with a plethora of storage containers to make packing lunches at night a little less painful.

man it feels good to be home! we have days and days worth of work to do in the yard (which we will attempt on saturday) and i have some home decor projects to get started on...if i could just find the right ribbon....

phil has already been to daytona for four days, returned home and left again. christmas was so hectic that i don't feel like we had a break at all. traveling at christmas is just exhausting.

one of our goals for this year is to make some new friends. our ward has a renewed vigor and energy for missionary work and with philip's job, i think my options can be somewhat limited. but we've been blessed with a beautiful home and my goal this year is to share it with as many people as i can. i'm convinced that when people are in a home where the Spirit dwells, it can be a powerful force for change and good things.

some of you may not know but i was finally released from my primary pianist calling before the holiday. it is such relief for me to finally be out from behind the piano. i loved it but was ready to let someone else have a go. i've enjoyed being back in relief society. our lesson today was taught by a woman who was raised a Jehovah's Witness. her perspectives were so interesting and her testimony sweet and pure. oh how i've missed those kinds of enriching lessons!

i wish i had some photos to post but the dvd i burned with all of the christmas photos will not open on my computer for some reason. i've got the right software, downloaded a decoder, etc. but i just can't get them to open up. any one have any tips for me??

more updates to follow....after my floors get mopped though!

5 comments:

Amy Glenn said...

Organizing, cleaning, getting tax documents ready- oh what fun! That's what I'm facing right now- ugh! It feels good, though, to have it done.

I know what you mean about feeling a little stuck behind the piano. Before I started my Sunday job, I had had music callings since I was in primary!

Fernandez Family said...

an update! although we talk like every day its still good to hear about your home accomplishments...you might feel like you are in mess but getting organized is more than I can say for myself...and I stayed home this Christmas. I can't wait to see your house!

Mands Glenn said...

My number one goal for the new year is to get organized. Everything has to have a place. I'm not that great, but am going to try.

I am dying to see and stay in your home. From the pictures I have seen I love it and love N.C.

I know what you mean about traveling during the holidays can be so exhausting. I think it is just traveling with kiddies.

Miss you tons and thanks for the updates. I would love to see pics, but honestly I wouldn't know how to help you with the disc.

Are you coming out to Az. with Phil in Feb. Email me! loves!!

shannon said...

glad to see you are back! good on 'ya for the organizing thing...i am so horrible at it! okay good ribbon...i usually buy ebay, they have some good lots. i just wish you had a pebbles or archivers there, they have fantastic ribbon. www.ribbonsandbows.com have a plethora of sites that carry bows. one that i like is www.jkmribbon.com. you can also visit pebblesinmypocket.com and can order off there. american crafts makes amazing ribbon!

Jocelyn said...

Hey Ang, I'm glad to see you blogging again... December is such a busy month and I am excited for everyone to get back to updating their blogs. I need to follow your lead and get my own house organized, it's driving me crazy. Thanks for the update. I can't wait for more pictures... that bugs that your dvd isn't working... I don't have any tips on that, sorry.