Thursday, January 17, 2008

once in a while...

When i purchased this little piece of home decor while in Utah for Christmas........i didn't realize that it might actually happen here in our mild climate, North Carolina sanctuary.

This morning we woke up to this -
And yes, even with the snow-free, but wet streets, today is a "snow day". No school, no lessons, no play dates, etc. Just a day at home with my babies. Let it snow!

6 comments:

erin said...

Hey, NO FAIR! I would delight in a day like that, but apparently it only happens once every 30 years here. =) Have a fun day---I hope there was some on the ground when the littles awoke!

Amy Glenn said...

Oooo, how fun! Pretty pictures.

Jocelyn said...

It actually looks like winter! I used to complain that it never looked or felt like winter in Austin but after going to Indiana & Chicago for Christmas I realized how good it is here and now I quite enjoy not having to deal with snow... but it IS so pretty. It's the same here if it does ever snow or if there is an ice storm... everything closes down!
Also, I love your "Let It Snow" sign. I want one.

shannon said...

how funny...i totally remember the days in Atlanta it would snow a TON (like 3 inches) and everything would be cancelled...oh to live in the South again. It's pouring right now as we speak. are you gonna go sledding?

Mands Glenn said...

OHh I am so jealous! It was 60 something here today. It looks so pretty outside. LUCKY!

Julie said...

Wow! Nice job buying the home decor and making the snow come. Fun for you!