Thursday, November 29, 2007

Don't you hate it when...

good intentions fall WAY short? Case in point - in an effort to save a little $$ and avoid exhausting hair salon tantrums, I have always cut Dylan's hair. I decided to buy a smaller set of clippers and try my hand at 'real' hair cutting - where you use the comb and all that jazz. Well, suffice it to say, the stairs style 'do isn't really in fashion anymore and it became painfully obvious that someone had taken something to poor Dylan's head. So in the end, the haircut resulted in a...well, a buzzcut.
Before

After


After I cleaned up the hair (there was a lot of hair!) the kids and I went into the kitchen to play an intense game of Chutes & Ladders...that game can go on forever can't it? Of course it is night at this point, and Dylan keeps seeing his reflection in the window and while pointing to his head says, "You do dis Mommy. You dood it."

This morning Philip asked Marissa what happened to Dylan's hair and she so honestly said, "Mommy had an accident."

12 comments:

Amy Glenn said...

Awww, that is so funny. Did you hear about the time my mom cut Thomas' hair when we lived in Florida? Let's just say it resulted in the same do. But I think the buzz cut is way cuter on Dilly-Bop.

I know what you mean about "Chutes & Ladders"- that game is never short!

Fernandez Family said...

I remember the time Thomas got his hair cut! Ang...this is my life totally. I love D-Man with a buzz though. Love all little boys with a buzz. I hate the salon experience...having to hold down your kid and keep apologizing that he's trying to take swings at the stylist...you dood it. Too funny.

Mands Glenn said...

I think it is a cute accident. He is still smiling, right?

Heather said...

I've been there and done that Ang, I now leave it to the professionals! I did it to Tyler this summer right before family pics in fact. I cried for a good hour or so. One time Steve did it too and Ty looked like a Cancer patient and when I put him in the tub that night he said, "Put it back mom!"

Daniel said...

Dylan is perhaps the only member of the Jimenez family lineage since the beginning of time to ever have a Buzz. Thats funny I don't care who you are...

Daniel said...

Oh wait, there was one, 2nd Lieutenant Jimenez during Basic School, I forgot.

erin said...

He IS cute.. hair or no. I love "you dood it." You're a great mom (even if you did have an accident)because you play Chutes and Ladders with your littles-- I hid ours! =)

Julie said...

First off I don't own the game Chutes and Ladders so I'm not subjected to the boredom of playing it with my kids. Second of all, Dylan is so cute with a buzz. How cute is he? "you dood it" Too adorable! I love him and hope some of his hair grows back before you go to Utah so he doesn't get too cold!

Lisa Danielson said...

That is so funny! I have to cut Ty's hair becuase he freaks at salons. I actually do the buzz cut thing too although its a liitle longer...:)

shannon said...

LOVE me some of the buzz cut! he looks darling and it's so easy and maintenance free. what a looker!

mamanicky said...

Good Efforts Mom! At least you gave the haircut a shot. I would've just skipped to the buzz cut, since I have no hair skills. I love his little fuzzy head, I just want to pet him.

Jocelyn said...

Ang, I laughed out loud when I read "you do dis Mommy, you dood it"!! That is too hilarious!! He looks so cute no matter if he has hair or a buzz, I love it!