After the last post, I was going through my photos to see if there was anything else I'd wanted to blog and hadn't got around to yet. My brother Jordan, while in Idaho at my Grandmother's funeral, undertook the painstaking process of scanning MANY of Grant and Alice's old photos. I loved to see pictures of my mom when she was younger, it is so sweet to really see how much Grandma and Grandpa loved each other.
I was unfortunately reminded of my own issue - one that has plagued my life for decades. My preposterous hair. A few weeks ago, my best friend, Julie, and I had a bit of a laugh about my hair. Her comments included things such as, "Seriously, what were you thinking?" and, "What was the deal with your hair?" and, "HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" to which I responded, "Can we change the subject?"
But you know, I love Julie and I'm glad that we could have a good laugh at my expense. And as you'll see the following photos, you too will wonder those same things. My excuse? I had no older "cooler" sister who I could copy. I had short hair that was not only naturally curly but I had several...yes, several perms. Oh, please forgive me for all the PERMS!
I now feel as though all these years later, I can confidently look in the mirror at my 'do and be pleased with what I see. And now maybe I too can laugh and say, I don't know what I was thinking but it sure is fun to look back and see how far I've come!
Enjoy - and please keep the teasing to a minimum....
In the words of a very wise man (my brother Tom), "God, please forgive us for the 80's."
I was unfortunately reminded of my own issue - one that has plagued my life for decades. My preposterous hair. A few weeks ago, my best friend, Julie, and I had a bit of a laugh about my hair. Her comments included things such as, "Seriously, what were you thinking?" and, "What was the deal with your hair?" and, "HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" to which I responded, "Can we change the subject?"
But you know, I love Julie and I'm glad that we could have a good laugh at my expense. And as you'll see the following photos, you too will wonder those same things. My excuse? I had no older "cooler" sister who I could copy. I had short hair that was not only naturally curly but I had several...yes, several perms. Oh, please forgive me for all the PERMS!
I now feel as though all these years later, I can confidently look in the mirror at my 'do and be pleased with what I see. And now maybe I too can laugh and say, I don't know what I was thinking but it sure is fun to look back and see how far I've come!
Enjoy - and please keep the teasing to a minimum....
In the words of a very wise man (my brother Tom), "God, please forgive us for the 80's."
...and a fairly updated version...much better!

10 comments:
Ang - I'm laughing...silently to myself so as not to wake my household. To be perfectly honest...your hair was awesome in the 80's. Good thing I had a "cooler" older sister to pattern my hair after. And if not the hair to at least teach me how to fold, tuck and roll my jeans!
Wow, Ang, you're really brave. I have to admit I have just as many similar looking pictures of myself. Yes, I too was addicted to perms in the 80s. So funny!
Yes, I like you much better with straight hair in the bob-like style.
That was a fun post! Help us with the 80's perms! I'm pretty sure every girl has pictures of her horrible hair during puberty! Your hair looks saucy in that last picture though. Love it.
I am totally giggling, not so much at you, but at the fact that I totally had that hair too! No kidding, I had a few to many perms in my day - you are not alone. The triangle look, I had Ang so don't be ashamed, own that bad hair and totally and completely blame it on the 80's and the fact that flat irons and round brushes are the best inventions ever!
OMGosh, i'm totally laughing my guts out! you were so brave to post those...at least you didn't have the pouf bangs with the side ponytail in your 7th grade photos! SCARY!
OK, you can blame the perm business on me. You had this peculiar hair that was very curly in some places and not so much in others. Curling it all was easier and faster than straightening, and well, it was 80's, come on! You were totally in style. To your credit, at a very young age (preschool) you had an uncanny capacity to stand still while I 'worked' on your hair. I just wish I had your hair genes!!!
d'mama
Funny pictures Ang! They brought back memories for me, although I only had one perm-- the rest of my frizz was homemade (wet hair, braid, sleep all night, wake up, unbraid and... voila- homemade frizz!)
LOVE IT! And you know I love you...bad hair and all! And come on, at lest you had an excuse...the 80's! Lets just talk about my array of RECENT bad hair like my (pardon my political incorrectness)total dy*e hair freshman year??? And lets not even talk about my Linda from "The Wedding Singer" hair that was as recent as a year and a half ago. Even though that one was an accident. Come on now...WHAT WAS I THINKING???????
everyone has pics like that---well maybe not exactly like that but at least you didn't have big brown tortashell glasses WITH a perm! You have such beautiful brown hair!
This post is why I like to read your blog. Your hair was totally awesome! Like I told you the other night, we were rockin' the same bad perm/bob combo. As if 13 isn't awkward enough. Watch out Debbi Gibson!
Post a Comment