Thursday, November 08, 2007

Carvin' pumpkins

My father in law, Mario, like his wife, is more adventurous than I with the messy projects. His thing this year was to help the kids carve their own pumpkins. Each was chosen with care at the Patterson Farms pumpkin patch.

We're traditionalists with our carvings - seriously, I don't know how you patient-awesome-pumpkin-carving-artists do it! Anyway, the kids had a blast getting their hands mucky with pumpkin innards and later, Dylan kept Poppi working hard to light and relight his candle as he would open the lid, blow out the flame and in his sweet little voice say, "More please!"



Wig or no Wig?

I snapped these photos at the Preschool Halloween parade. This little baby was parked across the hall from us. I have NEVER in my life seen a wig on a baby like this! We all debated whether or not it was his/her real hair. The baby was SO happy - even posing for the last photo. You decide - is it a wig? Or the real thing?

ps. if you are this child's mother, I apologize for snapping photos of your kid - it was just the cutest thing!


**update** i saw this sweet babe at the preschool today and it is not, i repeat NOT a wig.

6 comments:

Amy Glenn said...

I vote it's real. I come from a long line of thick-haired babies- look at that part. So cute!

Dig the pumkins. What a cool grandpa Mario is!

Fernandez Family said...

Are you sure that's not the Donald's kid? Man - that is some hair!

Jocelyn said...

That is hilarious that you took pictures of that baby from across the room... and even funnier that he was looking right at you and smiling in the last one! HA!

Lisa Danielson said...

That is so great that you took those pics! That hair is unreal!!! I cannot believe it!

Julie said...

Oh my gosh. That is some serious hair on that baby. How cute!

mamanicky said...

Wow, male pattern baldness will not be a problem for this kid. Look, he even has a real haircut. Too cute!