Ok, so the dieting/exercise isn't going as well as planned. I think my major roadblock is a medication that I'm taking and actually starting to slowly take myself off of. It is taking longer than I'd anticipated and until I feel like I'm "free" of that, I have decided to stop torturing myself by feeling like a total failure! I think one of the most important things I've learned in the last year or two is that if I'm not healthy and happy (mostly) it really affects my kids. Like, if I stay up too late and don't have a lot of energy, it makes for a pretty rough day the next day for them. Moms have to really be on their game!
I have however, been a good worker-outer. I love the gym so much. I've started trying to make the goal to do three classes a week. I was getting pretty bored with my usual treadmill/weight machine cycle. As the kids are now both going to be in school I feel like I can start to concentrate more on getting a better workout in, knowing that I don't have to hurry to get Dylan out of the day care center.
In other news...both of the Team RedBull cars made the race this past weekend in Fontana, CA. It was so great to watch them run and run well. Phil's car in particular was flirting with the top 15 most of the race and finished a respectable 18th. Pit strategy didn't work in our favor unfortunately, but what a relief to have a great finish and to truly see what AJ is capable of. He has landed a Busch series ride for 5 races (four to go) and hopefully can continue that through the end of the season. More seat time will just make him better.
Some other fun things this week... I start an adult ballet class, Dylan starts a tumbling class and Marissa starts ballet again early next week. I'm excited to see the kids in their adventures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
How fun to be in an adult dance class! I was just thinking how fun it would be to do something like that but with Thomas. Maybe some salsa dancing or something of the like.
Being free of medication is a real help in the weightloss venture. It makes it so much easier to meet your goals. With your gym routine and dance class, you're going to be svelte in no time. Go, Ang!
Fun that you are going to take an adult ballet class! Sometimes I really miss all my dance classes from growing up. Now they have adult ones?! Awesome!
You are so good to work out and take 3 classes a week. What gym do you go to? You are motivating me to get my butt in gear!
Great to hear the workouts are going good. I bet you're loving that free time. Kudos on the ballet class--Nothing works your legs like ballet:) I love it!
You'll have to let me know how the ballet goes. How fun for you! As for the weight loss, sorry its slow going! It sucks to have to do and I wish we could all lose weight by eating whatever we want!
So...what are you saying...want me to send you the old pink tutu?? i'm dying to see you in action. I went into Lulu in Edmonton this last weekend and they have this whole beautiful ballet line! It was gorgeous...and would be on you and the plastic maniquines...maybe not the rest of us. Good job on the work outs and goals. Hope the living without chemistry works for you - keep us posted. Thinking of you all the time...
Post a Comment