Monday, August 06, 2007

It's in the Genes

Last night as Dylan was in the tub, Mari and I sat close by while I filed and painted her fingernails and toenails. She was sitting on the toilet (lid closed) and I sat on the floor on a stool. At one point Dylan dropped something out of the tub. Mari was quick to say, "I'll get it!" and in true notoriously-long-Glenn-toes-fashion, she picked it up with her TOES and "handed" it to Dylan. I laughed so hard! Uncle Tom would be so proud!!

I was up at 6:20 this morning. I had a class at the gym at 8:30 that I really wanted to attend. I got there a bit early and power walked for 30 minutes. The class nearly kicked my butt! I'm so out of shape - but praying that the whole "muscle memory" thing is true. I was just worked!

WW is coming along ok. I still have two days before my next weigh-in and only have 3.5 of my weekly 35 extra points left. I've been SO good today and so I'm off to bed early to finish reading Harry Potter and avoid any sugary temptations lurking in the kitchen.

7 comments:

Amy Glenn said...

That's really funny, Ang! I can just picture it now. It definitely runs in the family.

Heather said...

That was such a good workout! I'm sore in places that I haven't been sore in for a long time. Thanks for suggesting it.

erin said...

Is it also genetic to have a HUGE gap between your first and second toes? I was holding a pencil between my toes the other day (why? I don't know) and tried to put one in between Cam's and it just kept dropping to the floor! What a good mom you are to be "detailing" Mari's nails! =)

Fernandez Family said...

I love the toe thing, although I think that if I bent down more I might not be so chubby. Those darn toes. One thing I love about summer and wearing sandals to work is that when things fall under my desk out of "bend range" I slip my sandal off and reach my leg under to get whatever it is with my toes...so handy. But yes, Thomas is by far the toes as fingers champion.

Fernandez Family said...

And ps...she totally learned that from her mother obviously.

mamanicky said...

I thought toe grabbing was a skill learned as a mother? Marissa's got a head start. Way to go on the gym!! ******Sugary snacks be gone!!!*******
(I type this while eating a licorice)

Julie said...

oh my gosh. I love that she's picking up things with her feet. She truly is a Glenn!