I came up with this "get-to-know-you" idea as I've been scouring the house looking for my old WW record book. Today the hunt led me to my nightstand (where my WW book is not) and I compiled a list of the contents, both in the drawer, under on the shelf and spilling over the top.
What's in YOUR nightstand??
Here's what's in mine:
1. Bottled water
2. Linen spray (thanks Sharn! Yes, I still have it...)
3. Baby Monitor
4. Box of tissues
5. Book of Mormon
6. Scripture quad
7. Clear nailpolish
8. My oh-so-attractive mouth guard
9. Sudoku book AND the electronic game - I'm a total geek
10. White tea & ginger Bath and Body Works lotion
11. Dental floss (I always floss when I get into bed - drives Philip NUTS)
12. Lint Shaver
13. Ladybug bookmark from my sister Nan
14. Chapstick - a MUST before sleep
15. Highlighter
16. Hair elastics, bobby pins and clips (I should put these away, not much need for them now!)
17. Booklight
18. Couch to 5K running plan
19. Notes from last General Conference
20. 14 Day walk with Christ activity...only on day 6 I think :(
21. Reading lists - including Time Magazines top 100 Novels of all time
22. Old Testament Study Guide
And of course, my stack of books, including:
YOU on a Diet - Drs. Roizen and Oz
The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
Married for better, not worse - Gary & Joy Lundberg
In her Shoes - Jennifer Weiner
Angle of Repose - Wallace Stegher (a recommended read from cousin Steph)
Bone Setters Daughter - Amy Tan
Secret Lives of Fortunate Wives - Sarah Strohmeyer
The Parenting Breakthrough - Merilee Browne Boyak
So, nothing scandalous...except maybe the Fortunate Wives book - but I haven't got that far into it yet. But I'll be interested to read what ya'll have in yours.
ps. brekkie this morning was organic honey bunches of oats with strawberries on top - YUM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I can't share the contents of my nightstand on my blog, but I can here. My Pj's, hiding a snickers bar, and some fun size M&m's, Rick brought home from the track! (Remember those Yates Days with unlimited supply of M&M's and yummy treats like that?) Some lotion, old remotes, and a plastic bag! Weird!
This is fun, I love your flossing in bed, that's hillarious! Ooooh honey give me and my sparkling gums a smooooch!
OK, I'll do this on my blog. These are the fun posts to read!
The contents of my nightside drawer are so incredibly boring that I will not waste everyone's time! Yours was exciting though. Love ya! Keep up on the WW. I'll be with ya in about 3 weeks!
I love that Dottie's hiding candy in hers. I've been known to do that!
Ang I love that I just read your blog...I've also started a work out plan and eating plan since I have much more than 17.4 lb to lose...try 66? It's good to read about others struggling with the same issues though...I also carry weight all over being tall but it's definitely got to go! Keep posting the success though!
i have no idea what's in mine...i'll have to take a look tonight or something. probably some hair ties, collin's books, and other unmetionables!
I love your nightstand stuff. All I can say is how BIG is your nightstand! I can't say I have anything unusual in mine. My kids baby books are in there as well as some scriptures and pens, maybe some change too!
i always floss in bed too! and you are probably not a lazy reader like me but just thought i'd mention that if you can't get into angle of repose skip the first like 60 pages until he gets into telling his grandmother's story. took me 3 months to read 40 pages, then skipped a few to get to the good stuff and finished the book in a week. was glad i hung in there. how on earth did you get out the door to the gym so early?! I'm so impressed. also, i loved mari's talk. you are a great mom! and primary talks are the best!
Ang, now that I've joined the blogging world, I can leave comments on your blog! Anywho...I would recommend finishing The Historian. Such a good book. My nightstand is a weird one. Not your typical one with drawers and stuff. I have mostly books, books and more books. Some lotion and lip balm and a box of tissues. Not very exciting..
Post a Comment