Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bye Bye Goldie

Monday was also a SAD SAD day. My mom (Goldie, to the kids) left and went back to Canada after a nearly two week visit. It didn't even feel like two weeks - it felt longer but in a good way....almost like she lived with me. We had so many plans to paint rooms, she was going to teach me how to knit, we were going to lose weight...

Anyway, after the Charleston trip we spent the majority of the time shopping and dueling Su Doku and crossword puzzles. Yes, that's right I said dueling. Have you seen the documentary "Wordplay"? If you like puzzles or are interested in the National Crossword Puzzle Championships at all, check it out. It will make you want to run out and get a subscription to the New York Times and crossword puzzle your brains out. Or maybe not, since everyone on the documentary is a TOTAL geek. So mom and I decided to have a little competition of our own and we bought identical Su Doku and crossword puzzle books and would stay up late puzzling together. So nerdy, I know, but we had a blast.

I miss you already Mom. I'm not sure I can wait until Easter to see you again.

Love you

6 comments:

Dottie said...

It was totally sad to have your Mom leave! She is just SO dear! It was adorable to see the two of you together!

The Frosts said...

That cracks me up about dueling puzzling. I remember doing the crossword on the train on the way to our internships. Fun times.

Amy Glenn said...

I'm glad you and your mom had such a fun time together. I bet it was nice to have her help and just fun to hang out with her for so long.

I can't wait to watch "Wordplay"! I've had it in my Netflix queue for awhile now. It should be working it's way up my list. I listen to Will Shortz on NPR every Sunday morning on my commute. His puzzles are awesome!

Jocelyn said...

My mom was here a week ago too and I also had a SAD SAD day when she left. A total bummer. I'm glad you had such a good time with your mom! The dueling puzzles is hilarious! Fun times!

Fernandez Family said...

We are going to have to come up with some kind of arrangement whereby we get to share Goldie equally and get to see each other on a regular basis...when is your basement going to be developed?? Just kidding...I'll start saving my money for a flight to visit!! Miss you sis.

Julie said...

Sad...I hate when Mom's leave. I love that you had a sudoku duel. Janet and I spend much of our time together playing games like Canasta, RummyCube and Uno with the kids. Maybe we should try a duel next time with Sudoku...she'd probably kick my trash though.