Wednesday, August 22, 2007

She's movin' on

This week has been crazy! The highlight of the week by far was Marissa's first day of Kindergarten on Monday. She was amazing - no tears, lots of energy and so happy to be there. I wasn't even worried - preschool was a great preparation tool for her.

The one who had the hardest time was Dylan! He cried and cried and over the last few days has kept asking for "Sa". He starts preschool on the 6th and I'm so excited for that day! He's totally ready and has been taking his backpack with us everywhere. I haven't even taken the tags off of it yet. He's ready!

Anyway, it's been a great week so far. Today is Marissa's first full day. I'm just so proud of her and so looking forward to her next adventures.

The night before....



As Glenn family tradition dictates, one must have their photo taken on the first day of school. Sorry Dad, no construction paper sign with "Kindergarten" written on it. Maybe next year?? :)

p.s. she is attending a charter school that requires uniforms. i love the idea of uniforms!

13 comments:

Dottie said...

Marissa looks so great! I love her smile and her cute hair bow! Where did you find those shoes, they are awesome! I am glad Mari is adjusting well, now, how's Mom going to make it through the whole day without her little girl?

Lisa Danielson said...

I still remember hearing her first little cry when she was born. Where has the time gone??? She is so beautiful. Congrats Marissa

shannon said...

she looks so cute and grown up! is she going to a private school, or does her school have a uniform? she looks darling of course. love her sporty skirt!

erin said...

Cute pics! Did you teach her the "foot sideways" trick, or is that just part of her genetic make-up? Can't believe our "babies" are in school! Uniforms are good. =)

erin said...

Dylan in preschool already? You mean, someone else is going to be occupying both of your children, giving you ample "alone time" at least a few times a week? Unheard of!! =)

Heather said...

She is so cute! I love the uniform thing, it makes clothes shopping really easy! Does she go all day?

The Frosts said...

Wow! She looks really grown up and mature. Beautiful girl. I would love to send my kids to a school that required uniforms. And holy cow, how did you get Dylan in preschool already. Man, I'm jealous.

Amy Glenn said...

Very cute pictures. Congratulations to Marissa on her first day of school (you too, Ang)! What are you going to do with all of your free time now than Dylan's in school, too? Exciting stuff!

Amy Glenn said...

Very cute pictures. Congratulations to Marissa on her first day of school (you too, Ang)! What are you going to do with all of your free time now than Dylan's in school, too? Exciting stuff!

Jocelyn said...

Both kids in school? How did that happen already?! Marissa is so cute and the uniforms are great. I love her shoes! I'm sure you have plenty of ideas of what to do with your new free time, right? I love the first day of school photos!

Fernandez Family said...

I hate to bring this up...but with both kids in school maybe you need to be pregnant again or something?! You can't just stay at home doing all the things you've been dying to do alone for five years...or can you. Marissa looks great - she is growing up too fast!

Julie said...

I'm so with ya on the uniform thing. It would cut down on so many arguments with Natalie AND Jackson. She looked beautiful. I'm glad that everything went good on her first day! What a sweet pea.

Lethaby Family said...

Charter schools rock!! So glad you found one...
Uniforms are the BEST invention ever...the biggest decision for the boys was white, grey or black socks! Congrats on Marissa'a first day!
Saw your mom today...they had a GREAT visit. Maybe one day I'll come visit, too. Love C