Thursday March 15th 10:00 am: I got up early to meet the piano movers at the old house. I took them to the new house and we went directly to the attorney's office to sign papers. The buyers were there and it was nice to meet them. Everything seemed to go off without a hitch.
11:30: we returned to the attorney's office to sign the papers on our own home. Due to a past 'bad experience' our builder did not want to release the keys to us until they confirmed that the funding for our loan had arrived. Unusal, yes, but we were trying to be flexible. As we left the attorney's office we were told our funding had arrived and we were good to go.
4:00pm: after hours of trying to contact the seller's agent we FINALLY got the keys to our new home and started to move in. The funding for the buyers of our other house was delayed, thereby causing me to sit like white trash on my driveway on my leather sofa IN THE RAIN.
Friday: Move in day went pretty well. I stayed at the new house by myself on Thursday nite and the kids were with my inlaws. I began unpacking early that day. My internet was connected but there were problems on our provider's end. No telephone as we signed up for voice over broadband service. Phil's car blew up in qualifying - no race for the #84 team.
Saturday: The DirecTV installer came but only had a 30 foot ladder to climb and it was too windy to haul his equipment up with it. Still no internet, no phone. Phil came home.
Sunday: Totally ditched stake conference (oops!) and the DirecTV guys came back. We had TV yay! Got internet working yay! Had to go to choir practice boo... no phone. Called customer service that connected me to India for 2 and a half hours. I was finally routed back to the USA and a lovely gentelman solved my problem in about three minutes. I got off the phone at 2 AM AFTER THREE HOURS OF 'TROUBLESHOOTING'. More like wanting to shoot myself in the foot.
Monday: Got Marissa off to school, ran lots of errands, had lunch with Phil and his mom and returned home to security system salesmen.
Tuesday: Pod is finally removed from our driveway, the kids and I play croquet to celebrate (see photos below). I find a remnant carpet to put in our great/family room and purchase a dining set for the eat in kitchen... and we enjoy a delicious salmon dinner.
Wednesday: More errands after dropping Mari off today. My mother in law rescues me by picking Marissa up from school for a play date and I'm actually getting boxes unpacked!
So here we are late Wed nite. I'm SO tired and will be off to bed after this. I plan to spend the rest of the weekend trying to get organized. The carpet remant should be bound and delivered before Saturday and that should make a huge difference in how cozy this place is getting. The echo in the main great/family room is starting to get to me. Next week I have some friends who run a business helping people choose paint colors, coming to help me choose mine. I have some ideas but will have them come and help me decide. I plan to start painting promptly after that!
Here are photos of our croquet play. The kids love being outside and the weather has been SO nice lately. Enjoy.
![]() |
| Croquet |


8 comments:
Wow what a week. Almost sounds like my moving day but with different fun times :) lol
I blew off stake conference as well since I wasn't willing to sit with 2 3-year olds for 2 hours and running them to the bathroom every 5 minutes. :)
I am excited to read the rest of the posts you have since I finally have your blog site. Yeah!!
you poor thing...i wish i too could have been there to help you. i hope you finish unpacking this weekend and hopefully SOON you and phil can enjoy a nice week/weekend in your new home!
Moving is such a joy! I'm glad you are starting to get settled. I've told Julie 20 times, that I think your house looks gorgeous. Have fun getting settled.
I'm sure you're glad to be returning to some normalacy in your life. Sounds like your move went reasonably smoothly. Good luck getting settled and enjoy that new house of yours! Your kids are so cute and I love the croquet pictures! Your yard looks awesome!
So, is it really like you're camping all the time, only not in a tent? I love your yard and the trees and your tree legs. You must be wearing straight-leg/tree-leg pants, hu? Thanks for sharing. Glad you're connected to "the world" again! Isn't it funny how out of touch we feel even for a few days with no technology? Glad you're getting settled.
-erin
ps. Pics of the new dining table? We're still working on getting 1! How do you make such quick decisions on furniture? Advice? =)
Congrats on the move! I know how much of a hassle moving is and I'm sure it's even harder with kdis. Thank goodness for in laws, eh? Your house is beautiful. Good luck with picking out paint and things.
I'm exhausted just reading about your week! I'm so excited that you're getting settled though and I can't wait to see pictures. I want a picture of the front of your house with the front yard included. It looks awesome. BTW...LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Mari behind the tree and the one of her rolling her eyes. And of course Dylan is as cute as ever!
Sounds like quite a week, Ang. Totally hate being routed to India for troubleshooting. Last summer, I spent probably several days troubleshooting with our wireless router in order to enable video conferencing. After all the hours I spent talking with level 4 techs, I disovered the brand I bought doesn't jive with our mac application. Why don't they just print that on the box?!
Anyways, glad to hear you're getting settled. So nice to have the grandparents around. Makes getting all those things done A LOT easier, eh? Cute pictures of Mari and Dylan. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment