Tonight at the gym I was running on the track and noticed a lady walking and holding something. As I got closer, I noticed that it was a CD player. She looked so odd and it struck me how fast the technology has changed! I feel very fortunate to have an iPod (thanks mom/dad in law!) and the mp3 player is everywhere and so affordable and SO small. I haven't seen someone carrying something so bulky in so long - it just hit me as strange!
Just the other week when we were getting the house ready for sale, Philip and I donated our old CD players and (gasp!) my original Sony Walkman. It's amazing how monstrous that thing was! So bulky and heavy. Technology has come such a long way in such a short time.
Perhaps I need to get real and realize that 'a short time' is all relative. I probably got the Walkman when I was about 14 and that feels like it was only 3 years ago. I still feel like a teenager inside, though my saddlebags and love handles would suggest otherwise. Anyway, just one of those ah-hah moments that we have that remind us how far we've come and how quickly this life passes.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's funny. I know what you mean. I still feel like I'm in my 20's even though I don't look it. Eeek! Love ya, Ang!
sadly enough, i still use my husband's portable CD player...ouch. i do have a shuffle, but sometimes it just doesn't cut it!
Ang,I totally had one of those moments as I was driving and saw a jogger holding a discman. Times have changed. I don't know what we would do without our ipods at the gym.
Post a Comment