Sunday, January 14, 2007

Clean, clean and more clean...and other stuff

Erin (my sister in law) was right - keeping a home ready to show at any moment is exhausting! I feel bad for my kids - it's like they're not even allowed to play with their toys sometimes because I don't want to have to clean up another mess!! They have been great sports about my neuroses. I hope our efforts will pay off - we have a showing scheduled today at 4:00.

Phil's mom (we call her B) arrived in town safe and sound this week. She'd been caught up in the Denver blizzard disaster over Christmas as she was flying as a standby passenger and the flights only opened up in the last week or so. We're so happy to have her here. She's been amazing with the kids and has cooked some delicious meals for us. She's been working hard on their condo - adding her finishing touches.

B also offered to watch the kids for us last night so we could have a date. Philip has been working long hours over the last two weeks and spending many of them on his feet - has been complaining about how much they ache. When I have sore feet I get a pedicure! I know he's always been adamant against it in the past but I decided to spring it on him last night. He was a good sport and held amazingly still despite his notoriously ticklish feet. He even decided to keep the pampering going and had a manicure while I had my nails done. We had a blast but his words leaving the salon were, "I'll probably never do that again, but it was kinda fun." That's right baby - get in touch with your feminine side!! Seriously though, who doesn't love a pampering!?

2 comments:

shannon said...

In the words of "Helen," or Heren as she calls herself..."Who doesn't rove a pampa?"

Julie said...

Ditto Sharn! By the way, loving that Phil got a pedicure. I don't think I could ever get TJ to have one, even though he would love it! To quote Heren one more time..."pedicure necessawy fo healfy, happy feet!"