Sunday, January 21, 2007

Paintball attack

Last night my in laws and I enjoyed watching the tivo'd American Idol episodes from this last week. I haven't been into AI at all in the last few years but decided to watch this year. It has been very entertaining but also really sad. Are these people FOR REAL? Makes one wonder...

Anyway, after the tv was off and our guests gone home I laid in bed and did a Sudoku puzzle (thanks for the addiction mom) and then turned out the light. Before I was even asleep I was shocked to hear our house being pelted with something loud. I said to Phil, "I think we just got egged." I got up and opened the blinds on our bedroom windows to see a white car speeding off into the night. I couldn't get a good look at it. I stood there for a minute and all of a sudden saw headlights coming from the other end of the street. The same white car made another pass by our house and unleashed another round of ORANGE paint balls on our house.

Phil knew what the sound was immediately...from previous experience as a teenager on the other side of the paintball gun...but that's another story. The sound was pretty terrifying in the middle of the night.

Phil grabbed his glasses and coat, got in his truck and took off after the shooters. I called the cops, got bundled up (it was cold and rainy) and went outside to wait. Our entire garage door and front of the house was covered - our master bedroom is above the garage. The front door and patio were all also speckled with orange polka dots. Phil's search was unsuccessful and we spent the next 20 minutes hosing down the house in our pj's at midnight in the rain. The cops arrived and asked a few questions - we didn't see or hear from them again.

It appears that no one else in the neighborhood was targeted. The whole thing makes me so creeped out. We have no enemies and perhaps it was a case of mistaken identity (we have several teenagers on our street.) Whatever the reason I'm just thankful it was paint balls and not bullets.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

How scary! Hopefully it was just mischievous teenagers.!

Amy Glenn said...

How creepy! I'm sorry to hear about that. And when you're trying to keep the house looking pristine. I hope they get caught.

shannon said...

that's awful...we have quite a few paintball guns of our own that you can borrow. thank goodness they are only water based...i know that since my son has eaten them. i hope that you can find out who did this and punish them! that's just uncalled for!!!

Shauna said...

I'm sorry! People can be so cruel. I remember when my ex boyfriend paintballed my car. It's pretty upsetting. I hope you were able to get all the paint off.

Heather said...

That totally stinks, especially with you selling your house and everything. How creepy!

Julie said...

They probably targeted you just because of your for-sale sign...if you have one up of course. If not, I don't know. Either way what a bunch of LOSERS!

Lisa Danielson said...

My dad told me about that and I totally thought he was joking--that sucks. You should have Philip get his paintball gun ready and wait for them to come again and show them what you're made of!