Thursday, January 11, 2007
Angst!!
Our house is officially listed for sale. I feel like I've morphed into the queen of OCD overnight...yes even worse than I was before. I'm constantly cleaning this or that and the carpet is never vacuumed how I like. But we still live in this house and life happens - at least that's what I keep reminding myself! We're excited at the prospect of a new home with more space and a place for friends and family to lay their heads when the come to visit. And most importantly a place for the kids to stash all their stuff that I don't have to constantly pick up. Right now our loft doubles as a playroom/tv room/office. I will miss our little first home. She's been good to us. Any tips for selling and encouragement will be greatly appreciated!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good luck, Ang! Sounds exciting. I wish I could give you some tips on selling, but sadly we don't yet know what it's like to own a home. We're just not quite at that phase in our lives (or at least not while we're still living in San Fransicso). Some day soon hopefully...
Love your posts!
I know the headache of feeling like the house has to be clean ALL the time. The few days that our house was on the market seemed like an eternity! Did you list with a realtor or "by owner"? I've heard it's good to live in your house while it's on the market.. then people can get a sense of the life that's lived in the house and can more easily imagine their "real life" in the house. GOOD LUCK!!! Have you been scouting out new places?
-erin
How exciting for you guys (getting a new house, not having to have your house spotless 24/7). I have no real advice, just plenty of sympathy from been there done that recently. Hope it goes fast! Our showings seemed to come in waves so that made it a little bit easier.
Post a Comment