I can't believe our trip is quickly coming to an end. Though at the same time it feels like we live here, that home is years away. I'm anxious to get home and sleep in my own bed, but know I'll look out the windows at my house and see the lack of landscaping around us (our neighbors aren't too motivated) and wish I had the rolling ocean and swaying palm trees to look at.
The kids seem to be doing well, though they both had a small bout of 'the runs' in the last 24 hours. Can I just say how great I think swim diapers are! Dylan seemed to have a rockin' rash yesterday but he's doing great today. Marissa looks like a local with her killer tan and we had her hair braided on the beach yesterday. It's adorable and I'm glad that it keeps her hair out of her face in the pool.
Marissa has enjoyed meeting the many people also enjoying the resort with us. There are a ton of Canadians here - most from the Vancouver area and a couple from Ontario. It was nice to visit with some of my homeland folk but I think they all viewed me as a Yankee. I guess that is ok since I traveled here with a US passport and all.
Marissa will walk up to someone and say, practically in one breath, "Hi, my name is Marissa, what's your name? Hey, I can swim under water, watch this! Isn't that great?!" It's so funny - she's very friendly and also very proud of her new found swim skills. She's basically taught herself to swim underwater on this trip and I'm so proud of her! We've enjoyed some walks on the beach, searching for shells. She seems to have a love of the ocean that has been ingrained in her.
Phil's mom, sister and I took a jewelry making class last night. It was fun and much harder than I thought at first. I caught on and finished a pair of pearl earrings (I've needed some so bad). Barbara made some earrings too and Lisa made earrings and purchased a beautiful turquoise bracelet. The same girl that taught the jewelry class runs the kid's club here that Marissa has attended. She loved it and will most likely go again this afternoon.
I ventured out into town today with Phil's parents and sister. It was pretty much what I expected. It wasn't very crowded but everything here is so dusty. I bought a dress for Marissa, a bracelet to match one that I'd purchased for her a couple of days ago, some toys for the kids and a pair of earrings. A lot of the stores sell the same things, and you are constantly bartering prices. It's been fun to get things for a 'deal'.
Anyway, I'm off to hunt for some lunch. Phil took care of the kids today and has already fed them. We are having family pictures taken tonight. I'm so excited to see how they turn out but at the same time dreading them because I'm having MAJOR hair issues here. More frizz than I think I've had in my life so taming the mane might be a challenge. Tomorrow will be our last day here before returning home. It's been a wonderful trip so far.
Adios!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hope you got a picture of Mari in her braids. Sounds cute! Thanks for blogging your trip. I can just picture you guys there! Enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Yes, I want a picture of Mari with Braids. Our little girl will have long hair for that exact reason- BRAIDES! Glad you guys are having so much fun. Can't wait to see the Tan pictures. I would die to be tan right now.
Yes, I want a picture of Mari with Braids. Our little girl will have long hair for that exact reason- BRAIDES! Glad you guys are having so much fun. Can't wait to see the Tan pictures. I would die to be tan right now.
thanks for the post...i am glad you having such a blast down there! i can't wait to see pictures and talk to you on my way home from work...I AM HAVING WITHDRAWLS!
Don't the vacations always go faster than you really want them to. You anticipate them forever and then they are over in a flash. Sounds like you are having a blast.
I'm jealous, Ange! So glad to hear you are all having a great time - what a fun adventure for you all. :)
Post a Comment