Ok, there is no way that I can wait to post until I get home. For starters, I didn't bring a journal to write all the stuff down and feel like if I wait until next week to post, I will have forgotten things.
Our trip to Puerto Vallarta was rather smooth. We had to fly through Dallas and so by the time we arrived, both Phil and I were pretty sick of being mauled by the kids. Both kids were amazing travelers and there were no major issues. I have to admit my kids are definitely awesome in that department. We arrived in mid-afternoon and temps were already in the 90s. The customs line was long and I wondered why they even bother to have a customs line. Everyone was stamped through and it seemed like they asked no questions.
My only negative encounter in the two days we've been here was a nasty American woman who accused Marissa and I of cutting her mother off in the crowd of people trying to form lines at customs. I wasn't even really paying attention and there would have been no possible way for me to know that the old woman was this lady's mother. I chalk it up to the heat and I'm sure they'd been traveling a long time like we had. Merry Christmas crusty lady.
The kids have been so cute. The resort is right on the beach. We have a beautiful view from our balcony. It is a one bedroom suite with a pull-out couch and kitchen. The bedroom has sliding windows/doors so everything is open when the kids aren't napping. The staff is amazing and we've been really comfortable here. Marissa is a little beach bum. She loves the ocean! Yesterday we were playing in the surf but the rip tide was pretty strong and they eventually red flagged the beach in the evening. The first morning after we arrived, we were eating breakfast with my inlaws in their room and Marissa looked out the window and said, "Hey guys, the ocean is awake!" It was priceless. Dylan is not as thrilled about the surf...the loud crash of the waves kind of freaks him out. We need to get him accustomed to it though since we are having family pictures taken on Thursday.
Tomorrow Marissa will go to the kid's club for half the day - doing things like feeding turtles, painting, playing mini soccer and doing mini water aerobics. It is inexpensive - only $6 for half day. If she enjoys it we'll most likely sign her up for later in the week. Phil and Ryan (my brother in law) are going deep sea fishing on Wednesday and the ladies (Lisa and I) have massages tomorrow. I can't wait!
Hope you're all doing well. More updates as the week goes on. It's so beautiful here - wish I'd brought my camera cord to share photos with you...but I guess you'll have to wait until next week. Much love to all - and a BIG thanks to my inlaws for this trip. It is just what the doctor ordered! :)
Monday, December 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Angie, I always have to prepare myself mentally to tolerate plane trips, especially international... 'So glad you're having a good time. love, TGG
Wow that sounds so nice! Ben will be jealous of the deep sea fishing for sure! :) He really wants to go to Mexico. I'm glad you're having such a fun vacation... I can't wait to see your pictures!
Sounds fabulous. Are you sure you wouldn't rather be in the wet Seattle rain this week? :)
Yahoo!! A post from Mexico, thanks! I have been listening to my James Taylor and "Mexico" came on and it made me so excited to know you are there on a well needed vacation. I love Puerto, it's such a beautiful place to visit...I can't wait to see your pictures.
Sounds like sooo much fun! I could totally go for a good bacation. Enjoy the rest of your trip and hopefully that ocean stays awake!
Sounds like you're having such a great time (other than the encounter with crusty lady- hate it when people are like that!). What an awesome way to celebrate Christmas! Some day soon the Glenn family is going to have to do some sort of get away, eh? Can't wait to see pictures of your cute family!
Ohhhh- Paradise. I could use that nice Massage that you guys were getting. I can hear the ocean now. I am dying to see pics. Can't wait til next week. How is the food?
Mmmmmm fun!
Post a Comment