Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'm thinking of an animal...

One of Mari's favorite games is "I'm thinking of an animal", where she describes an animal's characteristics and I have to guess. Well since the popularity of the show 'Go, Diego Go!' on Nick Jr., Marissa's game has become increasingly challenging!

Our conversation earlier today went like this:

M: I'm thinking of an animal.
A: Ok.
M: It has a long beak, a red tummy and lives in the jungle.
A: A toucan?
M: No silly! A Scarlett Macaw!!
A: (thinking to myself...) Oh silly - I should have thought of that!?

Other favorites of hers are Pygmy Marmoset, Armadillo and Red Eye Tree Frogs. You other moms out there may know what I'm talking about! Go, Diego Go!

6 comments:

Fernandez Family said...

I love that game! Calista Flockhart was on Ellen this week and she said that's the game that her and Harrison play with their kid...you are so hip Ang. And wow - Mari is a smart one! I'm just into the basics...monkeys (no specifics), snakes, lions...you know...simple animals.

Heather said...

Gee Ang you didn't know Scarlett Macaw! Seriously, get with it! HaHa, that is so funny! What a cute girl and I've never even met her.

Julie said...

That is so cute. I think I'll start that game with my kids. Brady loves Diego. When its over he says, "bye bye Go!"

The Frosts said...

How cute! I love these funny, cute things that kids say. ANd I love that they're being recorded here so that you can always remember them! It sounds like she's so smart!

Amy Glenn said...

cute story! yeah, the girls were driving me crazy, as amanda mentioned, with the "i'm thinking of a character" game. so i finally switched it to "i'm think of a country." that usually keeps them occupied a bit longer...

Jocelyn said...

That is a fun game and Mari sounds too funny and smart! I love how she told you no silly, like you should have known...ha ha!