Friday, October 13, 2006

Patterson Farms

This week Marissa attended her first field trip with the preschool to a local farm. It was the perfect day - nice and cool and a little overcast. We arrived and met in a barn where we saw a video about the farm and were instructed about how to feed the animals. Each of the kids were given a cup of feed and could choose which animals they wanted to feed. There were goats, pigs, rabbits, sheep, chickens, roosters, horses, peacocks and a gang of farm cats that ran rampant.



Mari decided to give her feed to the sheep. She was too afraid to touch the horses and when I asked her if she wanted to pet them she gave me this look - sort of like, "Are you kidding me? I don't think so."



She thought the chickens were pretty cool. Here is her class - her teachers are Ms. Amy Glenn (go figure!) on the L and Ms. Betty - who was the assistant in Mari's class last year - on the R.

After the animal feeding the kids had a chance to make their own scarecrows. Mari got right in and had a blast with it. Then we went on a ride through the farm on a wagon towed by a tractor. The land is so beautiful here! We saw pumpkin, squash and strawberry fields. This particular farm is best known for their tomatoes. Next year I'd love to go back and pick our own.

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

That looks like it was a fun day! It does look beautiful there and I love all the pics and the video too. The one by the horse, with your comments about it, is hilarious and I also love the ones below with her pumpkin and brother. :)

Makes me really miss the fall. :(

shannon said...

I love Miss Mari...she's such a doll and a good sport to let you take all those photos. and the Scarecrow thing looks really fun too!

Dottie said...

My favorite picture is of Mari striking a pose!

Amy Glenn said...

amy glenn? that's funny.

Julie said...

How fun! Natalie only gets to go to the stupid Firehouse. They used to go to the pumpkin patch but apparantly her pre-school has boycotted everything having to do with Fall/Halloween. LAME! I think its hilarious that Mari went to the farm in white pants. WTH? Where were the cowgirl jeans?