Anyway, today the play group at church had a little gathering. It was really fun but today it seemed like the costume was exhausting - the dressing up, the keeping track of accessories (in this case, hat and broom), the making sure that food is not spilled on the costume, etc. And in case you weren't totally convinced what a whiner I'm being - I only had Marissa today. I wasn't chasing Dylan around because he had a dr. apt. that Philip took him to.
The kids got to color Halloween pages, decorate cookies, have lunch and trick or treat in the front yard. It was a big success and we had a good turnout. The big church party is on Saturday (still undecided about attending) and a boy in Marissa's class is having a party on Saturday as well. If Philip was in town we'd probably attend at least one.
I'm so looking forward to our party on Tuesday and hope to get some great pics. Here are a few from today.


Me and my cute witch...Decorating cookies


Embellishing treat bags... all the kiddos getting ready for more junk food!

5 comments:
So cute. I love that witch costume! Don't be a Halloween hater...remember that's the day your best friend was born on!
Okay, so I totally wish I was there with you to attend all the Halloween fun. Your potluck sounds so fun, I might steal that idea for next year! The only thing I really enjoy either is Halloween at my mom's with chili and doughnuts of course. BTW, love the witch costume and you look saucy! And in the words of Julie, only 13 more sleeps!
I'm not a Halloween hater!! :)
All I can say is how on earth did you get Phil to take Dylan to a Dr's appt. I would love to know that trick! Looks like fun though! Steve and I are going to a adult party tomorrow, any dress up ideas would be appreciated!
I hear you sister. I already have Halloween burnout and we have only attended one thing. It might be that the costumes have completely consumed my entire month. But anyway... I'm ready to move on to the next thing (Christmas). But Mari looks postively smashing in her witch costume. And I LOVE your haircut.
Post a Comment