Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

Just as an update...the truck Phil worked on this weekend finished in 3rd place. The kids and I were at a baby shower for our next door neighbors. It was a family bbq kind of thing. Anyway, the television was on and whoever had the remote was flipping back and forth between the truck race the the USA soccer game. I had to revert to my favorite invention - TIVO - to see the race when I got home. We're proud of you Phil! We look forward to a good race today - starting from the 5th position.

Church was good - our ward never has a three-hour block on Father's and Mother's Days. I knew it would be a short one but that didn't make entertaining Dylan any easier. He's such a wiggle worm, always trying to make a bee-line for the aisle. And the icing on the cake...our less than prepared bishopric didn't make assignments for the invocation and benediction ahead of the meeting. The invocation was announced as a 'shout-out'. I was fortunate (??) enough to receive a note from the 2nd counselor asking me to give the closing prayer. Ordinarily I'd probably be more than irritated that they ask me, the single handed parent to give a benediction, but for some reason I'm a little more sensitive today and maybe was just the right choice for a prayer. Who knows - but I do know that I needed that little extra boost.

And being that it is Father's Day I just want to send a special 'i love you' to my dad. Dad, you're the neatest guy and I miss you. I do get jealous of my sister from time to time - that she's still in Calgary, close to mom and dad. I guess it's my own darn fault, running off to BYU and marrying a Southern gentleman. I have great memories of Calgary and of home. Happy Father's Day Dad!

(handsome devil)

4 comments:

shannon said...

That last picture of your dad is the spitting image of your brother Tommy!

Thomas Glenn said...

I love these pictures of Dad. He's a good Dad and he sacrificed a lot for us.

Heather said...

Angie, Your kids are so cute! And that picture of your dad is totally your brother! I'm glad you are doing well! Heather

Julie said...

Those are so cute! It makes me a little teary! Nothing like a daddy and his daughter!