Well, it's official. I''ve had another birthday and it was a good one! I always dread the birthday week for reasons I'm not entirely sure, but decided this year to be a bit proactive about it. I knew Phil would be out of town and didn't want to spend my birthday alone so I decided to 'throw' my own party. Well sort of. I called a couple of girlfriends and we went to a dinner and a movie. It was nice to get out and not worry about the babes (I have some awesome babysitters here.)
Marissa completed her ballet camp this week. It was actually an art camp that involved some craft projects as well as the dancing. As far as I can tell, she had a great time. Friday there was a little performance for the parents. Her age group did a dance to "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas and "Bibbity-bobbity-boo" (or however you spell it!) I felt bad for a few of the families as their little girls cried the whole time. The tutus and leotards were cute...though I'm not sure what the beaded fabric pieces were for. Mari will most likely attend this ballet school in the fall. I'm excited for that!



Art From Camp
This was Marissa's family portrait. The day she colored this at ballet camp, I picked her up and asked her what she'd done that day. She said she colored a picture of our family, then clapping her hands over her mouth in shock said, "And I forgot to color Dylan!" It was cute. That's her in the front, daddy on the right, mommy, the small brown one on the left.
And this is her 'fairy rendition'. The blue line down and to the right is a baseball bat, as well as the purple blob on the left. Her arm is the green pipe cleaner and the black line above it is the fairy's "armpit". The black 'B' shape is a butterfly. Too cute.

2 comments:
Dear Angie,
Happy Birthday! I guess this is probably the last birthday you will have in about 10 years because, no matter what, you should always lie and tell people that you are not a day older than you are right now. If I were hanging around your pad on your B-day, we would have gone out for dancing and sushi, but alas... It's good to see Marissa's artwork and she looks really cute in her toutou.
loves,
Tommy
oh, i love mari's tutu! she's such the cutest little girl. i love me some mari!
Post a Comment