Our biggest news is the future arrival of baby #3 in late November. I've been feeling pretty good - very tired, occasionally sick, but mostly just fat. I'm still in denial a little bit but really enjoyed seeing that little heartbeat on the ultrasound and hope to get more excited as the months pass. Will definitely keep you updated with photos...
2) Little Daisy the Dog enjoyed her two weeks in our home but finding out I was pregnant the same week we bought her was a bit overwhelming for me. She really was the perfect puppy, but I'm not sure we were truly prepared at how her membership in our family would disrupt the delicate balance we have to maintain here.
We found a sweet 20-something girl who adopted her at almost the full price we had paid for her. It was the right move and having had a dog for even a short time, I have noticed the confidence in the kids around animals - which was really my main motivation for adopting a pet in the first place. Daisy is now named Sadie and her new owner updates us via email, which the kids just love.
3) Marissa had a daddy-daughter dance to remember a few weekends ago. Knowing that Philip was going to be out of town, I called my father-in-law and asked if he would hop a flight to NC and take Mari to the dance. In the middle of massive home renovations and wedding plans, he was sweet enough to come and take her. They were all dressed up and ready to go when... I got a text message from Philip, saying that he was in town and was going to surprise Mari and Mario at the dance. He'd taken a flight home on Kurt Busch's private jet. We all had a good laugh afterward and the sheer insanity of it all. He surprised them at the dance and asked, "Can I cut in?"
A huge thank you to Mario for making the effort to come and make it a special night for Marissa. As you can tell from the pics, they had a great time.
4) This was a very busy week for us. Marissa was going to be celebrating her seventh birthday the day we were flying to Utah for Philip's brother Daniel's wedding. She really wanted a birthday party so we had her 10 closest pals over for a little PJ party. It involved lots of screaming, running, laughing, and more screaming.
A huge thank-you to my pals Sabrina and Dottie, who helped supervise, lead the games, help with serving food, and basically helping me maintain my sanity. I'm very lucky in the friend department - they were the best!
We also had a chance to celebrate M's birthday in Utah with Philip's family, the day before the wedding. A huge thank-you to my in-laws for being so thoughtful with cake and my sister-in-law Lisa for bringing a pinata and sweet gifts for both of my kids. It was a perfect night and we had a great time.
the NC party
the UT party
phil's sister lisa and her sweetie ella...
5) The highlight of this past week was by far the wedding of Philip's brother Daniel to his new bride Adrienne. The kids and I hopped a flight or two to Utah and arrived in once piece, exhausted but there! I really enjoyed spending time with the Jimenez gang, laughing with Philip's sister Lisa and watching all the cousins play.
We stayed far away from the hubbub of the wedding at my best pal Julie's house. I always say that I'm the luckiest girl in the world - I seriously have the best friends ever. We were able to catch up with our other gal pal Shannon and I was so happy to finally meet her sweet little Eden and get my baby fix. Thanks to both my girls for keeping my spirits up during a stressful week and especially to Jules for letting us crash and mess up your house. The kids were awesome together and I so appreciated all the free childcare! Sharn, please tell me we got a picture together on SOMEONE's camera?!
6) Here are a few more pics of our regular life these last couple of weeks:

9 comments:
Yay Ang! Huge congrats on the new baby!! That is way exciting. I hope you feel better and more excited as it gets closer. You will do great with 3. Honestly, glad to hear you got rid of the dog. It sounds like it was the right thing for your family.
Sounds like your trip to UT was great. Mari's bday looks so fun - that cake is so cute and so are her fun expressions opening up presents!
Congrats again on the baby!
busy, busy, busy! hopefully you can relax for a bit now :) it was fun to see you and the kids in UT (Mari was my favorite... 'what are YOU doing here!!!...). see ya when i get back, i still have lots of photos of nieces and nephews to take and fam to hang out with...
wow- impressed with all the pics. I love that picture of daniel at your wedding!! how time flies. Gotta love the stain on my dress:)
Angie, congrats on the fun baby news! I hope you're feeling a little better...I hate that "fat" feeling you have throughout pregnancy, but the end result is worth it! Your kids are so stinkin' cute!
Congratulations on the baby news!! (in case you didn't hear my cheering for you when you called Cam). =) And thanks for all the fun updates! That is totally how I remember Daniel (the pic from your wedding). Cool that you guys could be there for the festivities and that you got to hang out with your girl friends. Mari's party (s) looked like lots of fun. I can't believe our girls are 7!! It really does feel like yesterday that we were feeling 'fat' with them. =) Hope you get feeling better soon-- keep us posted on all the baby news. And way to go giving Daisy a loving owner. You're a better mom than I am (at least you gave it a try!)
Baby news, a wedding, a birthday, Dad's surprise on a private jet- and not much interesting is going on? I think your baby is stealing your brain cells.=)
Congratulations on your soon-to-be baby, Ang! We're so excited for you. I totally agree with Erin- you're an awesome mom for giving the dog thing a try. Miss you guys!
Congrats on baby number 3. I am super excited for you. Looks like you had fun and I love that Phil is hoping on Private Planes! HaHa! Looks like the Daddy Daughter Dance was awesome and what a great Grandpa to come! LOVES!
Congratulations! That's so exciting. I hope you feel better soon! What a fun update!
It was so fun to have you here and you and your fam are welcome ANYTIME!!!! Love you!
Post a Comment