Monday, April 13, 2009

our simple easter

we had a nice, quiet easter at home. it started as a busy day actually. i had to get up and take the dog out at 5:30 (someone shoot me please) and couldn't get back to sleep. i threw some cinnamon buns in the oven but my husband never checked to see if they were cooked and well...they weren't, so it was cereal as the backup plan. the kids opened their baskets and we zipped off to church.

i had to teach sharing time and when i got to church, not ONE of the nearly 60 chairs we need for primary were set up. luckily we arrived early and i was able to get the chairs and my lesson set up.

of course on a holiday weekend, a bunch of our primary teachers were no-shows... four in jr. primary alone. luckily we had some eager volunteers. also, just before sacrament meeting the sub for our chorister said she was going home sick and couldn't do music time. so it was the "angie show" in primary - i conducted, taught sharing time and lead music. lucky me!

actually, i do feel lucky. i got a little teary listening to the kids singing the primary songs so beautifully. and truthfully, i love teaching about things like the resurrection. there is so much symbolism and truth and my testimony about Christ burns bright so it is enjoyable to share. i really do love my calling.

i'd love it more if people would arrange their own subs.





these two goofballs can't possibly be mine...









me and my trusty egg-hider.

hope you all had an enjoyable easter. we miss our families a whole bunch. love you all!

8 comments:

Amy Glenn said...

Great pictures, Ang. You look so pretty!

Julie said...

ummmm, so Natalie and Mari have the same dress!!!! Hahahahaha. Great minds think alike! I love that you're Primary Pres. You're the best and I'm sure you do a fantastic job!

Lisa Danielson said...

Sounds like a great easter-minus the flaky primary teachers. BTW I totally love your hair color!!

shannon said...

i love love the orange color scheme! your kids are the cutest ever! can't wait to see you in t-minus 3 weeks!

The Frosts said...

Cute pics. Glad you guys had a great Easter - minus the primary drama. I can't believe people are so flakey. Seriously. Oh, and I know I haven't commented in forever but I'm SHOCKED you got a dog. Are you liking him any better?

Fernandez Family said...

I always thought you would have a talk show...just never in primary. The Angie Show. Too funny. I know your ward is so happy to have you - you are a low maintenance totally dependable girl (low maintenance in the drama sense...not the appearance sense) You do look great. And so does Phil! I miss you guys!

Mands Glenn said...

Your yard is like the picture perfect place to have an Easter Egg hunt. Looked like a fun day with your two crazies. MIss you guys!

Mands Glenn said...

Okay so I didn't read about your experience in primary until after I made the first comment. Are you kidding me? WHo does that? You go girl for stepping up to the plate so much. I love hearing the kids sing too. When Lil was super little and couldn't go to nursery yet we would just stand outside the primary room and listen to the kids sing. I love primary, but love YW's too!