i just loved this week, scooting the winter boots aside, as i opened my kitchen door to let the beautiful sunshine and warm spring breeze fill the house while i made my weekly batch of pancakes for my kids. spring is finally here!
(i hope...)
i've seen trees budding and the forecast the next few days has nothing short of 68 degrees. i'm so ready for the warmer weather.
2) i'm the mother of a three-year-old boy.
all kids have lots of energy and boys especially so. my nephew Ty for example, the kid does flips from pieces of furniture. i thought dylan was a more tame version until lately. he is in constant motion. from the time he wakes up, he is talking, talking, talking. throughout the day i can hear the pitter-patter of his little feet on the hardwood floor. we've decided his new mattress should be a foam one, to help prevent the kind of jumping mishaps that seem to happen on a daily basis. sometimes catching him to get him dressed is a workout. i feel like this...

only i'm not angry and my kid wears kung fu panda underpants.
3) macaroni grill.
dylan needs a new bed. we've been furniture shopping for several months now (yes, i'm researching that to death too.) i finally decided to haul the kids down to our new ikea. i like ikea cause they have lots of different stuff and it's reasonably priced. i don't like ikea cause they have way too much stuff, most of it cheap and i feel like a rat in a maze. that totally makes sense by the way...
nonetheless, the kids loved the play place and i got done what i needed. on the way home, it was 5:00 friday traffic. so we pulled over to mac grill for a bite. they totally shoved us in a corner (which i was fine with) and i was able to snap these sweet gems:
such goofballs...dylan's eye injury? marissa's elbow.
4) grime, be gone.
tomorrow we're having our windows cleaned. it has been much needed for quite some time now. especially for one of our large windows on the back of the house. from the first week we've lived in this house, there has been a bird dropping, apparently made of all-weather-poop. the dang thing will not go away. so tomorrow the grime, spiders, webs, droppings, leaves, dust, smears, and yes, even the sweet little fingerprints, will be gone.
yay for me.
and yay for the guys with the 40-foot ladders.
5) the trainer needs to be trained.
this next sunday will be out first teacher development/thank-you meeting. our ward has a huge primary and it runs smoothly each sunday because of our awesome teachers. they are just amazing! i can't describe them better than that. anyway, we want to show our appreciation and deliver a spiritual, thoughtful message. my topic is "the savior set the pattern for teaching children." any one have any gems of wisdom they care to share?? luckily our church is pretty good about providing training materials. i hope it's a good meeting for all.
6) twitter-ing yet?
twitter has been the subject of the news lately, even more so since the politicians on capitol hill were twitter-ing during president barak obama's speech a few weeks ago. i'm not a huge twitter-er but i do have my short list of people i follow.
my brother cam.
my brother in law, daniel.
design mom, gabby blair.
my college pal, stephanie.
senator john mccain. (surprisingly interesting...)
and finally, dwayne "the rock" johnson. (surprisingly, or not, uninteresting...)
who do you tweet?

5 comments:
I love the pics of chasing mothers/running boys...totally our house too.
About teaching....I have heard one thing, a few times this week, about teaching kids-- if you can't explain a really great idea/true principle to a child, you probably don't understand it very well yourself.
That's one of the reasons I love teaching kids so much... when you have to explain it at their level, it just rings truer (to me, anyway).
Good luck finding Dylan a bed! Did he break his old one? I wish I would have bought one of those adjustable length beds for Ian's room, so he could sleep in about 3 feet and play in the rest.
I remember the days of chasing to get dressed. What fun! A therapist in our ward said to make it a competition (she said boys love that) and I would be like " Can you get this sock on faster than I can get the other one on?" I was a skeptic but it totally worked. Good luck with the jumping though, Ty hasn't grown out of that yet;)
Is it totally lame that I don't really even know what twittering is???? Love that you pulled into Mac Grill with your cherubs! I love spontaneous moments such as that!
I watched a CNN news report on Twittering the other night. It was crazy. You and Cam are the only ones I know who do it but I could be interested. I fell asleep right after the report and had crazy Twitter-dreams. Tweet on sister.
Hey look at me on your blog!!
Too bad I'm not very good at twittering...I have decided I need an iPhone to accomplish that task.
I do twitter in my head all day though. Does that make me sound crazy? :)
Post a Comment