Friday, February 20, 2009

taking matters into my own hands

it's the economy.

everyone is cutting back. me too, literally...

while we haven't personally felt the immediate effects of the recession - except that our house is probably worth $8 - we are trying to save a little more here and there. so when both of my kiddos needed a haircut, i took matters into my own hands.

dylan was easy.

me: "do you want me to keep it long on top, and short on the sides?"

d: "no, i want it short like matt faulkner's."

if you know matt, he wears his hair very short, and so short it goes! dylan LOVES matt.

mari's hair made me SO nervous. i've had a few disastrous attempts at cutting hair in college (sorry timberly!) but i think it turned out ok. she can't stop touching it and saying, "i love my haircut!" good thing she doesn't care if it's not straight! i think i need to splurge on some real scissors (the conair ones just aren't really cutting it).

a few more attempts, i think i'll have the hang of it. you can't really tell from this picture, but we cut off about 5 inches!



"no, you can't have my camera dylan."

3 comments:

Krista said...

wow, my hubby's a trend setter. look out world!

erin said...

Wow, Dylan has a great lip! So convincing =) I think their hair(s) look great! I was about to whip out the scissors myself today, but got side-tracked! ps. I hope your finger nail is doing better. =)

Julie said...

looks good! Maybe I'll take the scissors to Natalie's hair. She needs a trim but I can't justify the $$$ to cute an inch off her hair. I could probably handle it! You've inspired me!