Sunday, January 04, 2009

let the laughing begin!

today was dylan's first sunday in the sunbeam class.

hahahahahahahahahahaha!

just typing that sentence made me laugh! there will be so many funny stories to tell over the coming months. i gently patted his teacher on the back today and gave my most sympathetic smile. not because dylan is a holy terror - in fact he's quite the opposite. he is however, outspoken, loud, energetic, and even a little rambunctious. hmm...i wonder where he gets that from.

anyhoo, our primary music gal (who is so totally awesome by the way...) started to teach the children a new song. she had a bulletin board with various pictures on it to help the children learn the words. one of the pictures was of the temple in salt lake city. dylan started talking right out loud about how, "my mom...she's been there...she's been to that...all by herself." at this point the teachers are kind of giving me these funny, nodding smiles. and then he says, "yeah, she went to that haunted house! all by herself!"

i'm not sure if he thought it looked like the haunted house or tower of terror at disney world (both of which i did visit, though not by myself) ...or where that even came from, but we had a good laugh about it.

8 comments:

Krista said...

that's too funny.

Christine said...

That was sooooooo cute!!
Thank you for sharing :-)
I got a good laugh out of it!!
I can hardly wait for my little one to start making this kind of comments :-)
Miss you!!

Lisa Danielson said...

Hilarious! He must take after his dad--Philip said some pretty funny things in primary!

Heather said...

So funny! The sunbeams in our primary were hilarious too. You gotta love it when they say what they are thinking!

Evie B. said...

Tatum started this week too...I'm sure we're in for many more funny stories this year. Love this age!

Julie said...

That's AWESOME!!!!! The poor gal that taught Brady in Sunbeams has him again this year in CTR 5. I feel really bad for her!

The Frosts said...

That is an awesome story! He's a cutie for sure. Make sure you share the rest of the stories with us.
I subbed in C's class last week and it was eye opening to say the least. He is very talkative (almost disruptive) in primary. I had no idea!

Mands Glenn said...

So funny. I miss teaching primary for that exact reason. . . hearing kids say funny things.