Many of you are aware of the chronic headaches and jaw pain, for which I’ve suffered the last 15 years of my life. 2007 was particularly difficult, as my issues were compounded by a car accident (Dylan and I were rear-ended by a sheriff’s deputy.) I was able to see one of the top TMJ doctors in the country (what a blessing!) and through my course of treatment with him and other professionals, began to feel better than ever, and finally had pain free days for the first time in…as long as I could remember.
One of the gems of the whole process was discovering a massage therapist who specializes in Myofascial release. I feel particularly lucky because I think my therapist has a gift – she has healing hands for certain. I wanted to blog about her, Deb D'amato, because I always feel so amazingly relaxed after I have been to see her and enjoy the medication-free therapy, where my body can begin to heal itself.
I was beginning to feel so great, I didn't think I needed to continue my treatment, however the headaches have returned and so I have returned to Deb. How glad I am to have found her! A deep tissue massage is nice from time to time, but there isn’t quite anything like this type of therapy.
So do yourself a favor, if you suffer from any kind of back pain, headaches or tension, find a therapist that has experience in Myofascial release and soon you too can enjoy some better days!

No comments:
Post a Comment