Wednesday, September 03, 2008

take time to stop...

...and see all the fingerprints on the wall! while vacuuming today i noticed that apparently my children have been eating bacon and then proceeding to mark their territory everywhere beneath four feet through the house. not literally of course, but once i really noticed it down the hallway to their rooms, it was like i was looking at my walls for the first time. fingerprints, hand prints everywhere!!

how thankful i am for those fingerprints. my babes are sweet.

my experiment today:

i've been meaning to replace my vacuum for a while. i've read the consumer reports (of course i have!) and am eyeing #1 rated kenmore from sears - currently $100 off. kenmores are made by eureka - anyone know for sure? my mom just got a new dyson and loves it - in fact, everyone i know with one loves it. the bagless cleaner is SO appealing to me. i'm going to put my faith in the experts and see where it takes me.

so my experiment is to see how clean my carpets get with the new vacuum after i've thoroughly vacuumed today...for the second time. hopefully it's not too disgusting - though i fear it just might be.

ps. still was in the car for 55 minutes today but the traffic situation was MUCH improved. hope it continues to be. still meeting with the sharpie-wielding-first-grade-teacher later today. stay tuned...

4 comments:

Krista said...

more of my opinion... i have a dyson, and i do love it, but i probably won't buy another... it broke a while back and was still under warranty, so i didn't have to pay for the repair, but the vacuum-fix-it-guys hate dysons. they hate them because they are made all of plastic and if something internal goes wrong they basically have to break it to get in and fix it, there are not screws or other fasteners, just snaps together. anyway, i do think it does a fab job sucking up the yuckies on the carpet, but mine is broken again. i won't have it fixed because it's out of its warranty, and the problem isn't that bad. i'll have to do some shopping around when the problem gets unbearable, so let me know what you decide on!

erin said...

I am still vacuuming with the Hoover Turbo 2200 that we bought 9 years ago from ZCMI (ha!) with our wedding money! On all accounts, it still sucks (wonderfully), but every time I've used it lately, I've thought, "Wow, this has lasted a long time. I hope it doesn't break." Knock on wood (or carpet).

The Frosts said...

oh, oh, oh. I HAVE that Kennmore vacuum (I read consumer reports too and just couldn't spend twice as much $$ for a Dyson). K, I love it. The only time I don't like it is when I have to vac the stairs. It's is kind of heavy. But what I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE about it is that you can turn on the dirt sensor and it will tell you when the carpet is clean. It was scary when I saw how dirty my carpets were.

Julie said...

Intersting...my Kirby broke and I have a piece of monkey sh#t Eureka that cost like $70 that isn't working so well either. Perhaps I will purchase this if consumer report loves it so much!