my favorite part:
"I’m not running for president because I think I’m blessed
with such personal greatness that history has anointed me
to save our country in its hour of need.
My country saved me. My country saved me, and I cannot forget it.
And I will fight for her for as long as I draw breath, so help me God."
with such personal greatness that history has anointed me
to save our country in its hour of need.
My country saved me. My country saved me, and I cannot forget it.
And I will fight for her for as long as I draw breath, so help me God."
have any of you read any books about him or his family memoir? there was a lengthy article in newsweek - i'm still reading it. interesting guy.
**update** the reason why the republican delegation kept chanting USA was because of the anti-mccain people on the floor. any time one of them was shouting, the crowd would USA themselves to death to cover it up. which is why mccain encouraged everyone, "don't be diverted by the ground noise and the static."
**update** the reason why the republican delegation kept chanting USA was because of the anti-mccain people on the floor. any time one of them was shouting, the crowd would USA themselves to death to cover it up. which is why mccain encouraged everyone, "don't be diverted by the ground noise and the static."

4 comments:
I'm totally in love with your blog this week. You are crackin me up! I am with you on all those crazy people at the convention. I was thinking the same about the democratic one last week. I have to say my favorite people were the ones with the Elephant hats. One lady in particular had a blue one and Steve and I hit rewind a number of times to check her out. What is up with people?
i really wanted to call you today and time got away from me (and the 2 hr time difference doesn't help.) hope all is well. all i know is that i am definltey not voting for obama- not a fan of taxes:)
I thought it was entertaining, too. Sometimes I wished they would stop chanting so we could actually get through the thing before the night was over. I did enjoy the story/montage of his life thing they did at the beginning.
I thought it was so interesting when he started in on his story about Vietnam! My favorite part was the same as yours! Also, I agree with Joce...if everyone would stop chanting USA USA then maybe it wouldn't take him 9 hours to get through his speech. And what was with the crazy lady that they had to escort out? And lastly, I was very pleased that he didn't totally RIP on Obama. I'm not into the mudslinging. I think its tacky!
Post a Comment