Saturday, September 20, 2008

it's a special day

today is shannon's birthday.

as i mentioned in a previous post, i'm the luckiest girl in the world when it comes to my friends. and as far as friends go, they don't get much better than her.

she's the one who taught me how to instant message. she's the one who helped me survive statistics 221, with her sense of humor and death threats. she's the one who showed me how to have faith. she's the one who showed me the finer points of the game "chubby bunny". she's the one who taught me about trust between friends - and how forgiveness can cement a friendship seamlessly into sisterhood. she's the one who showed me what integrity really looks like.

meek enduring injury with patience and without resentment
genuine
free from hypocrisy or pretense
marvelous of the highest kind or quality
authentic not false or imitation
loyal unswerving in allegiance

SHARN, i know it's been a hard year. better days are coming. i love ya.

happy birthday.

5 comments:

Julie said...

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!! I love ya Sharn. Death Threats and Chubby Bunny! It doesn't get much better then that huh girls!

shannon said...

thanks for making my day. you're the best friend anyone could ever hope and dream for - and I AM the lucky one. thanks for the undying faith in me and the ability to love me regardless of my many faults. miss you more than you know!

Heather said...

OH you girls are too awesome! I am just glad you are my sister's best friends. Happy Birthday Sharn - if you check this that is and Angie I love you too!!!!

Jocelyn said...

I love Sharn, and I love you!

Monica said...

Angie what a sweet tribute to my sister. I too love her and know how hard this year has been for her. I am amazed at how beautifully you capture her. Thank you. It left me in tears.