Sunday, August 10, 2008

home from the range

we are finally back in hot, sweaty NC, after enjoying three weeks in cool, breezy Calgary. it was a treat to be home again and though we stayed fairly busy, i feel relaxed, rejuvenated, refreshed, renewed, revived and any other pleasant word that starts with 'r'.

i have so much to say about my trip home. i feel as though i've even experienced a bit of a rebirth. i always feel like going home buoys me up and gives me an extra boost but this time it was particularly meaningful to be there.

i will blog more later (it's after midnight) and i have many photos to share, but i just want to say thanks to mom and dad for their hospitality, $100 handshakes, love and support.

thanks to my hubby for whisking me away to the mountains. it was a lovely escape and reminded me of the beautiful places and adventures of my childhood and youth. it was so nice to enjoy some quiet togetherness, away from the madness that is racing and the warp speed at which our life together seems to hum.

and i want to tell my sister 'thank you'...from the bottom of my heart... for allowing me to be a part of the birth of your beautiful baby boy. it truly was amazing and i wouldn't have missed it for the world. i'm lucky to call you my sister and i love you.

more to come...

6 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

Ahhh you make it sound like everything that it really is. What I would give for a nice, crisp breeze right now. I do want to see lots and lots of pictures of your trip. I will be waiting! Wish we could have been home this year, but I guess next year will come soon enough.

Phil, you rock for taking Ang away up to Lake Louise! Ahhh it is so gorgeous and what an amazing picture you took.
love ya

Julie said...

that is a gorgeous picture!!! glad you had a good time. call me!

Heather said...

It was so good to see you! I'll email you the pictures I took when I have the chance! What a beautiful picture!

Amy Glenn said...

That picture looks like a postcard- it's so perfect. I'm glad you and Phil got some time away to yourselves. And I'm glad being home does so much for you. That's such a great feeling, to feel rejuvenated and alive again by going home. I love that feeling. It gives me a fix until my next trip home.

That's so neat, too, that you were able to be present at the birth. That must have been really special to be with your sister. That's so great that you're so close. While I'll never know what that's like (growing up surrounded by brothers), I am so glad for the two of you and grateful for all my sisters-in-law. I can't tell you how excited I was to finally have sisters when I married Thomas!

I'm glad we got to see you, Ang. It was great to spend time with you and the kids. Good luck surviving the heat over there on the East Coast. Just close your eyes and imagine Calgary this summer (or San Francisco- ha!).

steph said...

Awesome picture, I agree. I'm happy your back here on the east though. It's nice to not be the only one around who plays the piano ;)

Jocelyn said...

I'm so glad to see you back to blogging. The trip sounded great... trips home are always so nice. That picture is postcard perfect! I want to go there! I can't wait to see more pictures from your trip... thanks for the update.