Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th and summer camp

we enjoyed a pretty laid back 4th of july. we attended the festivities at our ymca the night before and enjoyed a great fireworks show. we enjoyed breakfast at church the morning of the 4th with our ward friends. the race was saturday night and we had our friends, the Faulkner's, over for a delicious spread and watched phil's car blow a tire and go 60+ laps down. the company was so enjoyable! the racing, not so much...

this week the kids have been in summer camp - marissa a "pop star" camp through her ballet school, and dylan a sports camp at the ymca. both have been really enjoying the week and it has definitely helped the countdown for calgary pass quicker. here are a few photos - enjoy.

8 comments:

erin said...

Is Dan living with you guys for the summer? I notice he just randomly appears in all of your pictures! Fun. The sand and water table looks really cool--I think it would take about 20 seconds for Ian to have the sand transferred to the water and the water to the sand! Looks like you're having a fun summer.

shannon said...

how fun, thanks for the new pics. and you are right, those eyes!!! what a looker...hearts melting all over the world!

Julie said...

Wow! You've been a bloggin fool! Love the pictures. I'm watching So you Think you can Dance right now and I can't believe you've actually saved money with Geico. I think you're the first person I know that actually has saved! That is so crazy! Its always been higher for me!

Amy Glenn said...

Looks like you guys are having a great summer. The camps look like a lot of fun. And it sure helps mix things up and helps the time pass more quickly!

Cam said...

I wish we were going up to Calgary too. Maybe next year we can all meet someplace. Has Phil's team won a race recently?

Mands Glenn said...

I want me some Dylan and Mari love. When are we going to see eachother? I miss you guys and love living through your blog. The camps looked like so much fun! Dylan is becoming quite the little man. He is totally getting so tall and skinny! Such a hottie!

The Frosts said...

Cute, cute pictures. I especially love the one of Mari as the pop star. Looks like you're having a great summer.

Jocelyn said...

OK, I'm behind on blogging (again) and am loving all the posts from you! Summer camp looks so fun... I loved those kind of things as a kid. Mari is so cute with the chef hat and is beautiful in her dance costumes! I love your blonde hair, too. That picture of Dylan where you said "those eyes"... love it! He's so handsome!