Thursday, June 19, 2008

it's true what they say...

i did save a bundle by switching to geico! i'm always checking insurance rates when i get the paperwork every six months from state farm for our auto renewal policy. i've tried progressive and others, without much luck.

well this past week i called geico. not only did i save a bundle, we also got an additional discount because of where we bank. we are now paying $233 less every six months for the exact same auto insurance and $216 less a year on the exact same homeowners insurance. that's almost $700 a year!!!

i feel so violated by state farm. if you haven't yet, you might want to give geico a call. they're more than just lame commercials.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome!!

That is funny you sound just like the commercials. I will have to have Derek check it out.

Amy Glenn said...

That's good to know. We'll have to check it out. Thanks, Ang!

Heather Palmer said...

I feel like I just read a commercial. lol. I kept telling myself if we stayed in the US i would call them... so I'm glad that commercials aren't just rubbish.

shannon said...

you're a riot! i love that you really did switch to geico. i wish you had bear river in NC...they're cheaper than even geico!

Louise said...

Hi Angie,
Just blog hopping by. Nice savings. From one Geico lover to another. Cheers

Mands Glenn said...

I was watching one of their commercials the other day and thinking, " Could this really be true with all the savings?" You have inspired me. We might have to do some comparing.