Thursday, May 29, 2008

May Update

**gasp!**

That's me, gulping air as the end of May draws to a close quickly. Why is it that schools have to CRAM everything into the last week of the year? It's been a busy month and I'm anxious to **sigh** on Sunday when all is said and done and summer can officially begin for us.

Here are a few updates:

Marissa's 6th
We celebrated all week - it was a busy one! She helped with making her cake and it turned out so yummy. She's such a beautiful girl.




Celebrating with friends at school


Lowe's Motor Speedway
Uncle Daniel arrived (he's here for the summer interning with a race team) on Mari's birthday and we went straight from the airport to the race track for some inside-the-pit time with Phil.


Dylan's 3rd
He's 3! I can hardly believe it.


Preschool
Mother's Day Brunch



Birthday Treats
Taking cupcakes to the kids was so fun. This cutie, Laurel, literally ate hers in one bite.




Phil's 31st
For one of his gifts, I surprised Phil with a plane ride. That's his "me-and-little-planes-don't-mix" face. But once he saw what we'd be flying in, he warmed up to the idea.



Our house is the third one in from the right in the pic below.



Phil at the controls. The lake is SO beautiful from the air. Ahhh...someday it will be our backyard.



Invader
Why I refuse to refill my bird feeder.



Soccer
Just another beautiful NC day, playing with the kids at the YMCA.

10 comments:

Krista said...

I love the pic where dylan is squeezing your neck :-)

Amy said...

Yes, they always cram stuff into the last week of school and our last week isn't until next week. Awesome pictures of your cute family!! May is a busy month for you.

Monica said...

I know exactly how you feel about the last week of school. It is crazy around here. The pictures of your family are darling. Dylan so cute and marissa is growing up so fast.

Amy Glenn said...

What a great post, Ang! Man, you guys have been busy. 3 May birthdays- dang. I love the birthday cakes. Did you make them? They're really cute.

Hey, I found a "squirrel-proof" bird feeder at Target a couple years ago, and it really works. There are tons of squirrels around here, and not one has touched it or even attempted...

Marissa & Dylan look so cute and happy. I can't believe Dylan is already 3, too!

Julie said...

What a cool present for Phil and I love that you flew over your house! That's cool! You've had a busy month!

Mands Glenn said...

Gosh, alot has happened. I love updates and all of the cute pictures. The plane ride looked amazing and the cakes that the kids had. I love Dylans monster truck cake.

I like when you let your hair go curly, too! Soo hot.

MISS YOU GUYS!

shannon said...

man, it's soooooo gorgeous where you live...if i can ever get myself out there to see it live! may is so crazy for you, i hope that you treat your self to a "pam-pa" when it's all over!

erin said...

Love the picture of your house (from the sky). I had no idea you lived so close to the water! Love Mari's butterfly cupcakes- cute idea. I can't get over how similar Dylan's expressions are to Ian's; I'm sure it's because they are days apart in age--and have some of the same genes. Such a fun age! I too like your curly hair. Happy Bday Jimenez family (and yours soon!) =)

Jocelyn said...

Your curly hairdo is gorgeous! I love all the pictures, and can't believe all the birthdays you have in May! The plane ride present is so cool! Awesome view of your house. It's beautiful!

Cam said...

Ditto on the curlz, Ang.

I also love the plane ride gift idea (hint, hint). Unfortunately, we'd need an extreme zoom lens to pick out our home from the sky.