Friday, April 25, 2008

update

We seem to have been filling every minute of the day lately. Here are a few of the things we've been up to:

FHE

After watching the Masters Tournament from Augusta, GA few weekends ago, we decided for FHE to meet at the golf course and hit a few balls with the kids. Our well-supplied-with-sports-stuff friends, the Ericksons, lent us some clubs for the kids. It was pretty chilly and threatened to rain while we were there, but I was so glad that we went. I only got to hit about 8 balls but I've decided that once I get a decent set of clubs and a couple of lessons, I plan to spend some "mommy" time at the driving range. I really enjoy the game - and I have many fond memories of playing with my dad, grandad and husband...and of course, high school PE class :)









Tae Kwon Do

Dylan passed his first day of "testing" with flying colors. We were so proud of him! Tae Kwon Do has given me mixed feelings. He's been doing really well but he's so much bigger and stronger than the other kids in his class (which is for 2&3 year olds). There seems to be a big spread of age and ability. I'm going to continue to be patient, but we might look into some other activities for him.





Lake Norman State Park

Last Sunday afternoon we took the kids up to the state park and took a short hike and enjoyed an absolutely beautiful afternoon. Again, it threatened to rain, but we loved getting out and enjoying the lake views. We definitely plan to visit there again and hit the "beach" this summer.












6 comments:

erin said...

Fun pics! I like the ones of the wee golfers. You're brave to give them clubs. =)

shannon said...

those photos of the park at Lake Norman are just so gorgeous! jealous that you live right there!

Evie B. said...

I love a good "catch up" post. :) Mari is soooooooooooo long and lean now - I can't believe how grown up she looks!

Amy Glenn said...

You guys have been busy. Looks like you're having a lot of fun. Man, Marissa is getting so tall!

Julie said...

The TawKwonDo video is ADORABLE!!!!! I love it! I'm glad you've been keeping busy!

Jocelyn said...

I knew I had some good updates to come read, and I'm finally getting time to do it. I love all the pictures and videos... your kids are so cute. I can't believe how tall Mari is! Well I guess I can believe it... but you know what I mean. :)