Anyway, Mari has been begging for me to get the "Best of Both Worlds" song and I finally remembered to download it. When I picked her up a couple of days ago, I told her I had a surprise for her. Once she was buckled in, I cued the music and we totally rocked out! It was so fun.
I think that being a mom is such a gift - in a way we get to re-live our childhood all over again. I have some absolutely hilarious memories of my dad being silly (mighty brown truck...need i say more?) I hope that in my efforts to bring joy into my kids' lives, they will have some of those memories as well.
As Marissa got in the car today she said, "Mom...Ms. Zygmont has a note for you - but it's not a BAD note (she's had to send me a bad note before), it's a good note - about how you were dancing in the car the other day." I immediately felt a tinge of embarrassment, but of course laughed it off. Here is her note:

Thanks Ms. Z for your sweet note. And thanks Hannah for makin' me look so good.

9 comments:
That is way too cute! I love it - I've rocked out a few times, but I've never gotten a note. The best part is I can totally picture you car dancing right now!
That's a cute story- you rockin' out in the car! It reminds me of the summers we spent driving around with your Dad when the girls were little. We'd crank Dixie Chicks or the Toy Story soundtrack and your dad would do his "Night at the Roxbury" head bop. So funny!
yup, i can totally see you doing that...remember driving up to Stats class in SLC jammin' to Third Eye Blind a la TJ style? good times...and yes, you are such a great mom...i envy you!
Hi Angie!
cute story. I sometimes do the same thing as I am picking up Megan and Sarah from school. I like your blog spot as well. Shannon has got me going on it now. I am just starting out so check out my site our blog spot is The six haymores@blogspot.com. Monica
Ang! That is so awesome! I was smiling through the whole thing and then reading that note almost made me cry. I'm a dork. :) You are a great mom! I want to be a mom like that one day, too!
That's so cool that you got that note! You are a fun mom. I know cause I've rocked out with you before when you were being DJ Jazzy Ang...perhaps you should introduce DJ Jazzy Ang to Mari and D-man. As for Hannah...love her. Took my kids to the 3D concert movie, came home and dowloaded the whole CD!
I love that her teacher wrote the note...too cute. I miss rockin' out with you in the car. Amy and the twins too - so many good memories. It must have all started with Dad. Do you remember when he'd turn on the radio and immediately start rockin' and it was like boring CBC chat radio?? We were like "oh Dad, you are such a nerd". And look at us now! I love my satelite radio as with the touch of a button Teo can rock it like he loves to R&B or techno. Who knew? Best of Both Worlds brings huge memories of the twins for me when I stayed with them Spring of 2006. They kept going to the HM site to listen to the song but totally didn't know the lyrics. It was a riot!
I love this story and I too love Hannah. The teacher is so cute to take time and write you a quick note. So funny! You are such a coolster Mom. Wish I could have been in the car rockin out with ya!
My two year old knows all the words to Best of Both Worlds...so do I. So fun. Love the note from the teacher - such a sweet thing to say. Hope all is well! I'm glad I'm not the ONLY Hannah Montana mommy fan out there....
Post a Comment