

After a brutally hot and dry summer, our lawn seemed to be past the salvaging point - it was so bad it wasn't even an uphill battle. Philip and I decided to get an early jump on the fall lawn work and have an irrigation system installed. I had no idea how much dirt would be dug up for that to happen! What little grass we did have seemed to be destroyed as trenches were dug for pipes to be laid. These photos are from the early stages when the mapping of lines seemed relatively clean. I will take a photo before they get to work tomorrow morning. Poor little lawn...but hopefully soon, it will get better!
During all the chaos outside, there was work going on inside as well. Mike, the painter, returned for a second day to help me with my issues inside. We sort of did things backwards...well I did. I had some girls come and help me choose my paint colors when we first moved in. Instead of starting with the main areas and working through the house, I started the painting myself (in an effort to save some $$). Long story short, things were just not coming together. Well, I feel like they finally have and I don't feel like I've lost any more than a gallon of paint and two days hard work. Here is a little sneak peak...




...please excuse my naked walls and piles of paint and stuff...

8 comments:
Bare walls and paint cans? That would be the least of my worries! Do you have kids?? Oh yeah, you have a playroom! =) I think it looks great. Did you change the color in the dining room? That is A LOT of painting!!!! You didn't have to do the trim, did you? That would be the killer for me. Thanks for sharing and happy sprinklering! =)
When can we come visit? Your home is gorgeous. I love the big back tall windows. I am assuming that is in the back. What a project, but so worth getting an irrigation system in there. I love your home! AHHHHH. . . I am coveting over it right now.
What a spacious house! I'm so used to the San Francisco scene that anything bigger than 1500 sq. ft. looks ginormous (our place is actually less than 1,000).
It looks really good, Ang. Cool that you've got help with the painting. So time consuming! That's what me and my mom have been doing this week among other things.
Good luck getting the irrigation system in!
I'm afraid to come and stay...I might not leave!! Oh, Phil would love that! (said with total sarcasim) I love your color choices. Sorry bout your lawn...
Love and more love the greens you chose. Not that I didn't like it before but it looks really amazing now. Great job. Sorry about your lawn though. New houses have their own set of quirks, don't they? Can't wait to see more pictures.
Ang... your house is beautiful and your yard looks like a park! I love it! I love the colors you chose for paint too. I am not loving painting (especially the trim)... it's on my mind because my sister and I stayed up super late Tuesday night painting my extra bathroom. I can't get over how gorgeous your home is. Nice job!
i can't wait to see it when it's all done! your poor little lawn will love it's new facelift i am sure!
I think it looks great!
Post a Comment